Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Sim Free Phone

Options
  • 21-08-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I want to buy a sim free Samsung Galaxy S3 from eBay. This might be a stupid question but is there a way I can order a microsim from o2 yet keep my current number? I'm currently with Vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Scirpt wrote: »
    I want to buy a sim free Samsung Galaxy S3 from eBay. This might be a stupid question but is there a way I can order a microsim from o2 yet keep my current number (I'm with vodafone)?

Walk into the shop with your current phone/sim and ask them to either cut the old sim, or give you a new one. Done.

How much are you getting the S3 for? I'm not so sure prices are great on ebay, plenty of newer, and cheap phones that would most likely be better imo. (Moto G...)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Walk into the shop with your current phone/sim and ask them to either cut the old sim, or give you a new one. Done.

How much are you getting the S3 for? I'm not so sure prices are great on ebay, plenty of newer, and cheap phones that would most likely be better imo. (Moto G...)

260 Euro New. Is there any way I can do it online? What other new phones would you recommend over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

Scirpt wrote: »
    260 Euro New. Is there any way I can do it online? What other new phones would you recommend over it?

Brand new sim free in Argos for €249.95

I would recommend the Moto G 4G before it though.

Cheaper.
    4G.
    Newer phone.
    Newer Android.
    Stock Android.
    Less bloatware.
    Faster user experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

What do you guys think of the Asus Zenfone 5?

Advertisement