If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home AV Setup

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hello Guys, 
    I am looking for some advice on a Home AV setup. 

My current setup is 
    50' Sony Smart TV
    2.1 Samsung system(HT-C5200) with bluetooth dongle
    Apple TV

I am looking at a separates system. I do not know much about the different receivers/speakers setups but I visited a local store and was given a demo of the JAMO S626 HCS speakers running on a Yamaha receiver(IIRC). The depth and richness of the sound is something I really want to have at home. I live in an apartment with a large open plan kitchen/sitting room area. The room is probably 8mx8m. 

My current system is nearly always on when i am home; Either FM radio, Sky radio, Bluetooth music streaming, TV or movies. 

My budget is around the £1,000 mark and i would like 5.1 

Let me know what you recommend. 

Regards, 

Johnny

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello Guys, 

My current setup is 
    50' Sony Smart TV
    Apple TV

I am looking at a separates system. I do not know much about the different receivers/speakers setups but I visited a local store and was given a demo of the JAMO S626 HCS speakers running on a Yamaha receiver(IIRC). The depth and richness of the sound is something I really want to have at home. I live in an apartment with a large open plan kitchen/sitting room area. The room is probably 8mx8m. 

My current system is nearly always on when i am home; Either FM radio, Sky radio, Bluetooth music streaming, TV or movies. 

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi Johnny,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

After reading about what you want sound wise the perfect system popped into my mind.

Check out the Sony STRDN-1050.  Brand new award winning amp from Sony.  Very powerful amp so it'll be perfect for a room that size.  It also offers features like Apple Airplay and Bluetooth for streaming your music wire free.  It can also access internet radio which is a great feature for music lovers:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdn1050/sony-strdn1050

For a speaker pack check out the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 system.  Again another 5 star award winning system.  Excellent speakers for both home cinema and music playback.  They look very slick as well :)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/mass-5.1/moni-audio-mass

I could offer the amp and speaker pack for just £979.90.  Megal deal right there.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JohnnyMustang22

Hello Guys, 

My current setup is 
    50' Sony Smart TV
    Apple TV

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi Johnny,

After reading about what you want sound wise the perfect system popped into my mind.

Check out the Sony STRDN-1050.  Brand new award winning amp from Sony.  Very powerful amp so it'll be perfect for a room that size.  It also offers features like Apple Airplay and Bluetooth for streaming your music wire free.  It can also access internet radio which is a great feature for music lovers:

For a speaker pack check out the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 system.  Again another 5 star award winning system.  Excellent speakers for both home cinema and music playback.  They look very slick as well :)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/mass-5.1/moni-audio-mass

I could offer the amp and speaker pack for just £979.90.  Megal deal right there.

Chris
    Thanks for the reply Chris. Could i call to discuss next week. Let me know what number i can get you on. 

Hello Guys, 

My current setup is 
    50' Sony Smart TV
    Apple TV

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi Johnny,

Chris
    Thanks for the reply Chris. Could i call to discuss next week. Let me know what number i can get you on. 
    Hi Johnny.

No problem calling us at all.

You can get us on 0044 333 900 0070. Look forward to your call.

Chris, 
    I am liking the amp but could you give me some speakers options. 

Would it possible to get a demo of these speakers in the Belfast store this weekend? 

Regards, 

Johnny

Chris, 

Would it possible to get a demo of these speakers in the Belfast store this weekend? 

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi JohnnyMustang22.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Did you get to the store yesterday of a Demo of any speakers?

• Advertisement

Chris, 

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi JohnnyMustang22.

Kenny, 
    i will not be in Belfast until saturday so i will call in then. 

Regards, 

Johnny

Chris, 

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi JohnnyMustang22.

Kenny, 
    i will not be in Belfast until saturday so i will call in then. 

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi JohnnyMustang22.

Is it the Mass speakers mentioned above that you are interested in hearing?

If you let me know when you would arrive at the store I can book you in for a Demo as Saturday is a very busy day for us and I would like to have everything ready for you.

Yes, I would like to hear the Mass Speakers. 

I should be there at about 11. 

Regards, 

Johnny

Yes, I would like to hear the Mass Speakers. 

I should be there at about 11. 

Regards, 

Johnny
    Hi Johnny.

No probelm at all.

We only open at 11am so that suits perfect.

See you tomorrow.

Hey guys, 
    Sorry but change of plan. Can't make it to belfast today. Will try to get up during the week. 

Johnny 

• Advertisement

Hey guys, 
    Sorry but change of plan. Can't make it to belfast today. Will try to get up during the week. 

Johnny 
    Hi Johnny.

That is no problem at ll.

Let us know when you think you may call in and we can have things ready for you to have a listen.

Have a good weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.