Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple Report Format App

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon,

I have searched through the forum for something similar, and have been trawling the google for a few weeks at this stage, so please don't shoot me if I've missed something very obvious.

I need an app which will do away with hand written incident/accident reports.

A company called Go Canvas have come closest to what I'm talking about with this:

http://www.gocanvas.com/mobile-forms-apps/4320-Incident-Report

What I need is for it to be the basic of the basic format considering that staff with zero IT skills will be asked to use it. Each report must be able to be emailed to a third party on demand (or automatically) whilst also saved onto the phone.

Does something out there already exist that I'm not aware of? I have no programming experience, but would be willing to talk to someone about the cost of developing something like this if needed.

I'm not looking to set up a business or profit from this, I just think it's a good idea for anyone in the service trade and would see it as being free to use from the get go.

Cheers,

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

There seem to be a few apps out there on the various markets - for example on Google Play.

Having one build would realistically be prohibitively expensive, unless you could find a app developer / development company who would be interested in producing such an app as their own and wanted to use your requirements for the functionality specification, whom I expect would be difficult to find.

You may also have better luck asking on the Entrepreneurial & Business Management board.

Advertisement