Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORIENTATION - HELP REQUIRED

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hello ! I will miss my orientation due to visa issues. What should I do to compensate for it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

You don't miss out on too much just tours around campus, and a chance to meet people in your class and stuff like that just make an extra effort to get to know people and campus when you arrive and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 aviral10000

kilrush wrote: »
    You don't miss out on too much just tours around campus, and a chance to meet people in your class and stuff like that just make an extra effort to get to know people and campus when you arrive and you should be fine.

What about that opening a bank account thing and all ? Do we get some time before the lectures start ? So that we can explore some of Dublin

I don't know how an international orientation differs to an Irish one but I presume you can set up a bank account in the bank on campus at any time really? Lectures start on September 8th so it depends on when you arrive but the International Students Society will be organising trips around Dublin and Ireland so I'd recommend getting onto them :)

I don't know how an international orientation differs to an Irish one but I presume you can set up a bank account in the bank on campus at any time really? Lectures start on September 8th so it depends on when you arrive but the International Students Society will be organising trips around Dublin and Ireland so I'd recommend getting onto them :)

One last thing bro and I am so thankful for your time. What about the other societies ? Like sports and all. When do they start the hunting process ?

no bother! Freshers Week is the second week of the college term.There will be a big tent set up somewhere near the Student Centre and all the societies will be signing up members then and the sports clubs will be doing the same in the sports halls.

• Advertisement

no bother! Freshers Week is the second week of the college term.There will be a big tent set up somewhere near the Student Centre and all the societies will be signing up members then and the sports clubs will be doing the same in the sports halls.

Thanks buddy. Your help is highly appreciated.

Advertisement