Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough conn

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

going to Lough Conn next weekend for a days boat fishing. We went last year and I was spinning while my father was fly fishing. At his age he finds fly fishing a bit strenuous and tiring so this year we were going to try float fishing with worms/maggots for trout/perch. We will be returning all fish. I am not familiar with this type of fishing so excuse any stupid questions.

1. What size hook should one use. Barbed or barbless.
    2. Are common garden worms ok or are maggots better. (are they legal on Lough Conn?)
    3. Can either be bought anywhere in Dublin in advance or do I collect them from the garden/composter.
    4. What would be a basic float fishing rig for this kind of angling. (links/diagrams welcome)

thanks in advance..

Advertisement