Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

• 21-08-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm not getting a car insurance quote on some insurance websites for my car, it's a 99 nissan almera ... why would this be happening?
    Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Car is 15 years old, likely outside their criteria. Most are happy online with up to 12 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

peteb2 wrote: »
    Car is 15 years old, likely outside their criteria. Most are happy online with up to 12 years

Thought I would bump this thread rather than start a new one. I have the same problem as the OP in that I can't find a company who will insure a 1994 car even though it is in perfect condition and very low mileage (one elderly owner from new and he only drove it to the post office to collect pension once a week). Is there any insurance company who will quote for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

dolano79 wrote: »
    I'm not getting a car insurance quote on some insurance websites for my car, it's a 99 nissan almera ... why would this be happening?

Car may be flagged as a decline for several reasons you mightn't know: previously a write off, no tax or nct for a long period, car previously stolen. Have you done a car reg check for that? Or it might be you and not the car that's causing the decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Harder to get insured on an older car

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Especially when you are digging up a thread from 8 years ago ;-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement