Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Kill 10K-13th September 2014 at 4pm.

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The second running of the kill 10k is fast approaching.

For full details of this years exciting event visit kill10k.com

Many thanks to all for all the feedback from last year and we hope to see you all again this year.

for any queries on the event all details with e mail address etc are contained on the web site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Camroc 10

The Kill 10k is a great event. Good food after event and great goody bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

What's the course like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Camroc 10 wrote: »
    The Kill 10k is a great event. Good food after event and great goody bags.

Pure coincidence your second ever post on Boards happens to be trying to help promote a race!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 drumreeman

Finnt wrote: »
    What's the course like?

New course this year. First 3.5k is pretty flat course through back roads in kill. There is a hill at this point for about 400m. This is followed by 4.5k of downhill running which brings you back to Johnstown. Undulating 800m metres followed by flat 1k plus. Lots of pb's last year. Last years winning time was 29.44. This course is faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

drumreeman wrote: »
    New course this year. First 3.5k is pretty flat course through back roads in kill. There is a hill at this point for about 400m. This is followed by 4.5k of downhill running which brings you back to Johnstown. Undulating 800m metres followed by flat 1k plus. Lots of pb's last year. Last years winning time was 29.44. This course is faster.

Will the course be measured properly this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Looking forward to this, not ran a 10 in a few months so it'll be nice to up the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Running this one myself also, just taking it handy and using it a practice run pacing wise ahead of the Dublin City Half Marathon next weekend.

I'd avoid taking the Blessington road up to Kill today. Road works the past few weeks have cut the road back to one lane. Took me 45 minutes to get from Jobstown to Brittas last week.

drumreeman wrote: »
    First 3.5k is pretty flat course through back roads in kill

Thought it was fairly hilly myself. First 4.5k were tough but after that you were coasting.
    Good day out, feet up for the night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Yeah the first half or so of the race was fairly hilly, that hill in particular around the 4K mark was a bit of a pain but I managed to maintain a consistent pace throughout and run the time I was aiming for so happy at that. Great spread of food in the GAA club afterwards!

• Advertisement
Advertisement