Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing and SEO on my Magenta Store

Options
  • 21-08-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey everyone!

Ive finally finished building my magenta store - iwetech.com

Ive started setting up some google adwords campaigns, which seem to be doing ok.

Im looking now to try and get high in organic searches in google.

This is the part I’ve been dreading as I can’t seem to get my head around SEO
    and picking the correct keywords etc.

Im not sure whats the best way about going about it. It might be best just to hire someone to do work on my site every month.

But even trying to find the best person for the job is difficult. Ive been getting quotes of ridiculous prices, and its hard to verify their work.

If anyone reading this can give me advice or even recommend someone they’ve used before Id really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

If your looking to hire someone I'd ask them for at least 5 recommendations along with sites they've worked.

Why do you call it a magenta store? Pink shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

onlineweb wrote: »
    If your looking to hire someone I'd ask them for at least 5 recommendations along with sites they've worked.

Why do you call it a magenta store? Pink shop?

OP probably means "magento"

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

Hey, yeh sorry meant to be magento store. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Hi Robbie,

I looked at your website and it's really well built for SEO, in my opinion, in terms of the way your URLs are generated, SEO titles, h1 headings etc.

We recently put together an article on how to promote your website in Ireland - you could take some tips from it - specifically to your website, I would suggest the following:

- Use Social Media - get on facebook, tell people about your special offers, newcomers etc. - run competitions...

- Setup Google My Business - I would do this even though you are selling online

- Submit Your Website To Directories & Local Citation Websites

- Create Great Content & Guest Blog

- Keep Adding New Content - I would actually try to write original product descriptions, or at least add to the current ones, setup a blog with interesting content you could share on social media.

These days, every "SEO expert" might tell you something different since Google makes changes to their algorithm quite often and SEOs are a little uncertain what really works and what does not. However, there are a few rules that should always exist - build a website people will be happy when they find it on Google since it will give them what they were looking for, it will look good, load quickly, be reliable etc. So make sure you go for keywords people use when they want to buy something you have in your store.

Oh, and here is the link to the article if you want to read the whole thing: http://www.3r.ie/how-promote-your-website-ireland/

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

Had a look at your site there it looks great well designed and easily navigated, you have most of the legwork done, if you have campaigns set up that data will be a good source of information for new keywords and long tail keywords which usually are the most profitable, here are a few suggestions, set up a blog mostly for internal linking purposes rather than actually creating "great content" the data from your ppc campaigns will work nicely for this purpose. I'm not 100% on this but if your using descriptions that are basically on 100's of other websites word for word it might be an issue for duplicate or non unique content down the road other sites might get away with it but the little sites don't.

Rich snippets/author profile/schema integrate them :)

When you get traffic going set up a points system that unlocks points of some sort for social media shares = win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement