Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharp Aquos Crystal

• 21-08-2014 3:06pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No word on any Irish takeup but its a stunning looking phone.

sprint_sharp_aquos_crystal_full.jpg

Specs aren't great but it's got a pricetag of circa 150 dollars!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

The bottom of it is pretty horrible imo, makes the phone look very unbalanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

WTF? Do you hold this upside down to make a phone call?
    Is that the speaker across from the "S" of aquos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Good concept. Only 720p from what I've read though, but I guess that matches up with it's bottomish price.

I won't be getting it, but I'll be interested to see what comes of it. IIRC sharp made the iPhone screens for a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This phone is gorgeous.

Seriously! It looks so futuristic!

It has technology built it that allows the phone to send sound directly into the ear so essentially the whole screen is the speaker.

Stunning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

This phone is gorgeous.

It has technology built it that allows the phone to send sound directly into the ear

My phone has at least two of these already. I wouldnt want the whole screen to be the speaker for conversation privacy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My phone has at least two of these already. I wouldnt want the whole screen to be the speaker for conversation privacy.
    That's not how the technology works.

The screen transmits the sound into your ear using vibrations I believe.

So essentially you can hear it but no one else can.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I think it looks awful with that massive bezel. when combined with the on-screen buttons lots of screen space has been thrown away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

This is getting more press lately with decent reviews, for example:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/14/sharp-aquos-crystal-review/

They mention something like $150 on network, $240 unlocked. I wouldn't mind paying €200 for such a nice looking phone. However.. I can't figure out where to buy one? Amazon/Expansys etc doesn't list it. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

I think I read somewhere that it was only released in japan and the usa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Looks a bit... public transporty..? to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement