Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable installation from road into house

Options
  • 21-08-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am looking for info about how the cable for efibre is run from the road into my house. I just had a technician out from Eircom and he said that i would need to have this done as there was not cable connection in my house. He also mentioned that they would have to dig up my drive.... My drive is paved so i obviously don't want to do this. Can you confirm that this is the situation when running cables into houses and if so do they put the drive back the way they found it?...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I am looking for info about how the cable for efibre is run from the road into my house. I just had a technician out from Eircom and he said that i would need to have this done as there was not cable connection in my house. He also mentioned that they would have to dig up my drive.... My drive is paved so i obviously don't want to do this. Can you confirm that this is the situation when running cables into houses and if so do they put the drive back the way they found it?...

Hi Originalrossi

There is no extra cable required for efibre as the service works through the existing phone line, the fibre cable runs from the Cabinet in the area to the telephone exchange leaving the existing copper line untouched.

If in the case you do not have an existing line, ducting may be required where cable works and digging may be required however once the order for a line is placed the possibility of digging etc will be firstly assessed/surveyed and an engineer will discuss this with you before any works go ahead.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hilarious 26 hours to respond and he didn't even read your OP properly
    I am looking for info about how the cable for efibre is run from the road into my house. I just had a technician out from Eircom and he said that i would need to have this done as there was not cable connection in my house. He also mentioned that they would have to dig up my drive.... My drive is paved so i obviously don't want to do this. Can you confirm that this is the situation when running cables into houses and if so do they put the drive back the way they found it?...

Hi Originalrossi

There is no extra cable required for efibre as the service works through the existing phone line, the fibre cable runs from the Cabinet in the area to the telephone exchange leaving the existing copper line untouched.

Thanks
    Al

I am looking for info about how the cable for efibre is run from the road into my house. I just had a technician out from Eircom and he said that i would need to have this done as there was not cable connection in my house. He also mentioned that they would have to dig up my drive.... My drive is paved so i obviously don't want to do this. Can you confirm that this is the situation when running cables into houses and if so do they put the drive back the way they found it?...

Hi Originalrossi

If in the case you do not have an existing line, ducting may be required where cable works and digging may be required however once the order for a line is placed the possibility of digging etc will be firstly assessed/surveyed and an engineer will discuss this with you before any works go ahead.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Originalrossi

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Originalrossi

Well my original question was will they dig up my drive? I had a phone call today from customer service mentioning the ducting and i will need to buy some but again no answer about what actual work will be done. I am now waiting on a call from an engineer about what will be done as i still want a fibre connection. Hopefully the engineer will be able to give me some answers.

Well my original question was will they dig up my drive? I had a phone call today from customer service mentioning the ducting and i will need to buy some but again no answer about what actual work will be done. I am now waiting on a call from an engineer about what will be done as i still want a fibre connection. Hopefully the engineer will be able to give me some answers.

Hi Originalrossi

The engineer will be the only person able to give you an answer as he will be able to assess what is required. In some cases digging is required however all cases are treated on a case by case basis in accordance to their own requirements.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement