Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willow Park, Glasnevin North

Options
  • 21-08-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking at buying a house in this estate in Glasnevin North. I like the area and the houses are good size with nice gardens edpecially on Willow Park Avenue and Grove.Just wondering anything I should be aware of in the area. Have small kids so want a nice place to bring them up. I know it's close to Ballymun but speaking to people around there it seems to be a quiet settled estate. Any opinions would be much appreciated!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sharkey12

Sharkey12 wrote: »
    I'm looking at buying a house in this estate in Glasnevin North. I like the area and the houses are good size with nice gardens edpecially on Willow Park Avenue and Grove.Just wondering anything I should be aware of in the area. Have small kids so want a nice place to bring them up. I know it's close to Ballymun but speaking to people around there it seems to be a quiet settled estate. Any opinions would be much appreciated!?

Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Willow Park Avenue is a lovely quiet road.
    Great place to live.
    All around that area is lovely to rear a family.
    You have everything too. Bus routes, near airport, schools, DCU etc.
    I'd live there in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the reply!! Does the fact it's so near Ballymun bring any anti social behaviour etc to the area? Id like to feel safe walking around there etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Thanks for the reply!! Does the fact it's so near Ballymun bring any anti social behaviour etc to the area? Id like to feel safe walking around there etc

Everywhere in Dublin is walking distance to less favoured areas and nowhere is immune to anti-social behaviour.
    Trust me when I say the proximity to Ballymun is not an issue.

If you're kids eventually go to local schools like St Mary's, Scoil Caitriona, St Aidans, St Kevin's, Beneavin they will inevitably mix with some children from Ballymun or Finglas. This is not a bad thing in my opinion.

You also might get people saying Willow Park is Ballymun or Finglas East instead of Glasnevin North but none of that should matter.
    Ultimately, it is a lovely place to live.

Thanks Zamboni. Looking for a place with good sense of community spirit and nice neighbourhood feel. Your replies have been very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

Lots of learner drivers there ;) but the area seems grand, used to live not too far from there for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Its "cordoned off" from Ballymun except for 2 access walkways from the park. You cannot drive direct from Ballymun to Willow Park for example, its a detour down Ballymun Road.

I love the area. I grew up in Wadelai just around the corner. I live in Ballymun now and was nervous for the same reasons you are but I can honestly say that it is the best place i have live. willow park is even better. highly recommend it

Thanks everyone for replies

Advertisement