Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees/ Grant Question

Options
  • 21-08-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

So I'm going through the registration process and I've come to the fees paying part. I've applied to SUSI and I'm waiting to see if I've got the grant or not.
    But I'm confused, the page says (or maybe I'm missing out on something idk) That I have to pay the full tuition fees, contribution charge, which comes up to nearly 6 grand :eek:
    Is that what I'm supposed to see? I already gave my SUSI number so do I just pay the student levy fee?

Very paranoid that I fecked up my grant application, and am gonna be caught paying fees my parents really can't afford :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Hi, i think there must be a problem! i just registered and i am being charged the full 7 thousand 7 hundred(can't remember exactly) when i should be getting the free fees , luckily thats two of us. I tried to ring them but they close at 4.30pm , i'll tell you what they say tomorrow morning after i ring,if you haven't solved it by then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

So I'm going through the registration process and I've come to the fees paying part. I've applied to SUSI and I'm waiting to see if I've got the grant or not.
    But I'm confused, the page says (or maybe I'm missing out on something idk) That I have to pay the full tuition fees, contribution charge, which comes up to nearly 6 grand :eek:
    Is that what I'm supposed to see? I already gave my SUSI number so do I just pay the student levy fee?

If you have provided your SUSI number just pay the levy and that's it. Sometimes the system is slow to update.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Hi, i think there must be a problem! i just registered and i am being charged the full 7 thousand 7 hundred(can't remember exactly) when i should be getting the free fees , luckily thats two of us. I tried to ring them but they close at 4.30pm , i'll tell you what they say tomorrow morning after i ring,if you haven't solved it by then :)

Same as above. The system can be slow to update. Just ignore it for now. Check back in a few days and it will probably be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

aimzLc2 wrote: »

Ha it's a relief I'm not the only one! I texted my friend who's going and she has the same problem, hope it works out for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Ha it's a relief I'm not the only one! I texted my friend who's going and she has the same problem, hope it works out for us :D

It is a relief haha that makes 4 of us ,so there is clearly a problem ,i wouldn't worry.I'm going to ring them tomorrow morning anyway to check whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Much less worried now :) Will pay the levy tomorrow evening then, I just saw the massive sum for the fees and had a little freak out lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement