Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kool (TM) tablets for kids on Amazon

• 21-08-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of these cheap tablets on Amazon (retailing at around £35) for kids? The reviews seem extremely positive but at that price I'm skeptical. I'm looking for something relatively simple for Christmas for the kids (4 and 6) just to introduce them to the world of tablets, without breaking the bank and these sound almost too good to be true if I'm honest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of these cheap tablets on Amazon (retailing at around £35) for kids? The reviews seem extremely positive but at that price I'm skeptical. I'm looking for something relatively simple for Christmas for the kids (4 and 6) just to introduce them to the world of tablets, without breaking the bank and these sound almost too good to be true if I'm honest.

I got one, was for 12 year old. It was a different brand but they are all the same. Chinese random brands. A good few on Amazon.

It worked grand, the power cable connection was a bit dodgy. All the app from play store worked. Was a bit slow after installing a good few apps but kid was happy with it. In reality it was a grand buy, but of course kid never looked after it and screen got smashed.

If for 4 & 6 year old it will do the job to be honest.....there is cheap cases available on ebay as well for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Sound thanks Big Nelly, at least buying through Amazon gives a level of comfort that if they're crap I have some comeback with a retailer who actually does customer support!

Sound thanks Big Nelly, at least buying through Amazon gives a level of comfort that if they're crap I have some comeback with a retailer who actually does customer support!

Other thing is delivery is long, it took around 3 weeks to get mine.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Other thing is delivery is long, it took around 3 weeks to get mine.......

Thanks ... at least it should arrive in time for Christmas! :D

Thanks ... at least it should arrive in time for Christmas! :D

Yeah, I recommend getting a case for them, you can pick up ones for 2-3 euro from ebay or amazon, most will do a free screen protector as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement