Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS Control Unit 06 Seat Leon

Options
  • 21-08-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The ABS warning light is on constant and my garage tells me I need to replace the whole unit as it is a known fault. A new part is €1500.

The part number is 1K0 614117 j, I have found one online with a part no 1J0 614117 J.

Can someone tell me if they are compatible. I'm in Dublin and the replacement is in Cork.

I have searched previous threads

Please!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

I believe the 1K0 in the VAG part number system denotes a Seat Leon, whereas the 1J0 denotes a Mark 4 Golf.

Now, while they share the same platform, and have a lot of commonality in parts, the two parts you list may actually have slight differences in them.
    Why not ring the parts department of a VAG main dealer and see if they can tell you if they are the same part - they'll be able to call up the two diagrams and compare them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niall60

Will Do. Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Also, do a search on Ebay - a lot of the UK sellers of parts will list all the compatible part numbers for their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

1J0 is a Mk4 Golf part.

1K0 is a Mk5 Golf part.

So they are not the same.

I assume your Leon is the newer shape?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niall60

Thanks Guys. I have checked on ebay but will contact a main dealer tomorrow. I have photos of both complete units and they look identical.
    I intend to replace the complete unit electronic and mechanical. My mechanic says the issue is mounting the replacement unit in the space it is currently located.
    The Seat is the new shape.
    Sorry for not getting back sooner I was away for a couple of days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement