Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German oral question

• 21-08-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭

I know they're ages away but just been wondering for the Picture Stories and Roleplays, should you use your own words? I know there's only so many ways to describe something but could you be docked some marks if you just recite everything that your teacher gave you? All the other students will be saying the exact same thing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Peg14 wrote: »
    I know they're ages away but just been wondering for the Picture Stories and Roleplays, should you use your own words? I know there's only so many ways to describe something but could you be docked some marks if you just recite everything that your teacher gave you? All the other students will be saying the exact same thing

Our teacher makes us write them in our own words and she corrects them for us so I guess it wouldn't do any harm to change yours a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

They can't mark you down as long as your German is correct. I used a mixture of my own notes and my teachers notes and got an A2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Thanks guys for the replies :) using the teachers notes as well with some of my own few words makes good sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Header15

I learned off the notes that our teacher gave us for bothe the picture stories and roleplays. I believe it paid off. I achieved 98% in my mock oral with an external examiner and an A1 in the leaving cert. An examiner is not allowed to mark you down in the oral for being unoriginal. They are there to grade the standard of your german and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

If you make the required points then they have to give you the marks .
    The expression makes then depends on how good your german is.
    I learned off my teachers notes word for word and I got an a1 this year .
    Tbh nearly every one in the country makes the same points . Same vocab etc . My teacher is an oral examiner and she said to focus on the content marks because if your content marks are low then they dock your expression automatically .
    Feel free to ask any other questions . I will be seeing what I got in my oral when I view my scripts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement