Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with 2012 Ford Focus 1.6 TDI 115PS Titanium

Options
  • 21-08-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I have a 2012 Ford Focus 1.6TDI 115PS titanium car which was purchased new. I have experienced the same reoccurring problem with it and wish to establish if there are other owners with this same problem.

Whilst driving the car between approx 80 to 120 km/h there is a hesitancy in the car. I have brought the car back to the garage on numerous occasions and it has been connected with the diagnostics machine, which indicates no problems. On two occasions however the injectors have been changed. The garage have indicated that it is a "characteristic" (fault) in the 115PS version of the focus.

Has anyone else had problem like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They'd hardly be throwing injectors into it if it was a characteristic

• Registered Users Posts: 6 patflood

My thoughts exactly colm, they extended the warranty by a year but having still not solved the problem, Im naturally very unhappy, especially as this car was purchased new and has had regular services by the garage where it was purchased!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd leave the car at home and drive a few used examples on sale in ford dealers and compare.
    Note the reg/chassis numbers and present them to ford Ireland along with the findings of the dealer who told you it was normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 patflood

Thanks for that Colm!

Advertisement