Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU national intending to study full time = advise please

Options
  • 21-08-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask for advise on couple of points.
    I am an EU national with the finished secondary school education, with equivalent to Leaving Certificate (level 4/5). Recently I have been made redundant so considering I would do a course again and would like to start in September if that is possible. I live in Mayo / Galway boarder and there would be several options available for me eg the Castlebar College is doing the PLC Level 6 course in Business.

My questions are - would I be able to any course in GMIT at this late stage?
    if I get the level 6 done in the Castlebar College will I have any troubles to continue in GMIT in Castlebar next year?
    I would much more prefer to do a 3 year course in GMIT with the award of BA in Business but I guess I would have to wait another year to do this??

Any advice is appreciated, the Irish education system is a bit confusing to me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr. L

Fermi wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I would like to ask for advise on couple of points.
    I am an EU national with the finished secondary school education, with equivalent to Leaving Certificate (level 4/5). Recently I have been made redundant so considering I would do a course again and would like to start in September if that is possible. I live in Mayo / Galway boarder and there would be several options available for me eg the Castlebar College is doing the PLC Level 6 course in Business.

My questions are - would I be able to any course in GMIT at this late stage?
    if I get the level 6 done in the Castlebar College will I have any troubles to continue in GMIT in Castlebar next year?
    I would much more prefer to do a 3 year course in GMIT with the award of BA in Business but I guess I would have to wait another year to do this??

Any advice is appreciated, the Irish education system is a bit confusing to me.
    Thanks

Have a look here...

(I don't think I can post links so just remove spaces)

www .cao. ie/courses/vpl_courses. php

These are the current available places on offer. I'm pretty sure you can apply to any of these right now. Hopefully somebody else can offer more advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Current CAO vacant places list:
    http://www.cao.ie/courses/vpl_courses.php

Advertisement