If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote on a TV, Receiver +

Options
  • 21-08-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Looking for a tempting quote on the following

1) Samsung UE40H6400

2) AV Receiver - Decent Denon or Marantz to match my RX6's and Centre(which I got from you thanks), possibly SR7008 (yeah I know I missed the clearance) or the Denon 4520 you have in Clearance list (is there a reliability issue with this model?) or the Denon x4000

3) Samsung BDH6500 blu ray

4) MA Radius 90hd pair, old ones (cheaper) or new ones with bracket, not sure if any still on your clearance list

5) TV stand, with 1 shelf. Top area would need a height of at least 19 cm to fit my centre speaker and obviously enough room in lower area to fit receiver. Width wise it would need to be wide enough to fit my centre speaker (50 cm) plus say another 50 cm's on one shelf so about 100cm's of width space on the shelf

Regards,

Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sapele wrote: »
    Looking for a tempting quote on the following

1) Samsung UE40H6400

2) AV Receiver - Decent Denon or Marantz to match my RX6's and Centre(which I got from you thanks), possibly SR7008 (yeah I know I missed the clearance) or the Denon 4520 you have in Clearance list (is there a reliability issue with this model?) or the Denon x4000

3) Samsung BDH6500 blu ray

4) MA Radius 90hd pair, old ones (cheaper) or new ones with bracket, not sure if any still on your clearance list

5) TV stand, with 1 shelf. Top area would need a height of at least 19 cm to fit my centre speaker and obviously enough room in lower area to fit receiver. Width wise it would need to be wide enough to fit my centre speaker (50 cm) plus say another 50 cm's on one shelf so about 100cm's of width space on the shelf

Regards,

Paul

Paul,

many thanks for the opportunity to quote and apologies for the delay getting back to you..

No problem on the 40H6400 - they are on a deal this weekend at £499.95 which really is a superb price!

The Denon AVR4520 appears to us to be bulletproof - I've checked and we have never had an issue with one - and we actually have one running on Demo over the last few months and its a mega bit of kit and sounds amazing - at £799.95 its a complete no-brainer! If you wanted a better amp, you would have to go up to the Yamaha RXA3030 which we can do discounted from £2000 to just £1399.95 brand new boxed..

We are completely out of Radius 90HD's now - but I can do the new Radius 90 reduced from £279/pair to £239.95/ Pair and again these really are stunning speakers if you need something ultra compact.. The brackets are extra with the new Radius but we would do them at just £24/pair.... If you are not really stuck for space but trying to keep the overall budget down - don't overlook the Monitor Audio Reference 1 - these are super speakers - about the same size as the BX1 but we are doing them at just £99.95 which is a mega price!

On the TV stand - how about the TVS B3CM - its hard to beat at a Boardie / VIP special at just £49.95: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-stands/tvs/tvs42/tvs-st42b3cm

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way, and of course if you would like to order please just drop us a line and with your contact details and I'll get on of the guys to give you a call to chat through the system.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

Great thanks for the reply John. Just wondering what the warranty on the 4520 is? Would you be happy sticking a five year on it for the listed price :D

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Great thanks for the reply John. Just wondering what the warranty on the 4520 is? hWould you be happy sticking a five year on it for the listed price :D
    Hi Sapele,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The standard warranty on the Denon is 2 years :)  Unfortunately we couldn't throw a 5 year in :(  It only works out at £79.99 to add another 3 years on to give you a total of 5 years :)  Well worth while.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

After sorting out the furniture I finally got the 4520, speakers etc up and running, very impressed with the setup, it really is quite an upgrade from my older denon, thanks a lot

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

After sorting out the furniture I finally got the 4520, speakers etc up and running, very impressed with the setup, it really is quite an upgrade from my older denon, thanks a lot
    Hi Sapele,

Glad to hear you're up and running :)

Enjoy.

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.