Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop-up Shops

Options
  • 21-08-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Anyone ever get a pop up shop? I was wondering how it works and how much it would cost to set up.

I have some inventory I would like to get rid of.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alanooh

I would like to know more on this myself, anyone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If you both tell us what research you have done so far, the helpful boardsies might be able to fill in some of the gaps in your knowledge.

There's been a few questions in the past relating to popup shops that might also help:

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=pop-up+shop&forum=106

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Basically a pop up shop is carried on in a retail type unit for no more than 3 months. Look around for suitable property and approach the letting agent to see if they are interested (an awful lot will be). You then need to get your insurances in place, usually easiest to get through the market traders association as they commonly deal with this. (Can PM details if needed)

If things are working out it's just a case of negotiating a standard lease and extending cover to the normal levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Chiorino wrote: »
    Basically a pop up shop is carried on in a retail type unit for no more than 3 months. Look around for suitable property and approach the letting agent to see if they are interested (an awful lot will be). You then need to get your insurances in place, usually easiest to get through the market traders association as they commonly deal with this. (Can PM details if needed)

If things are working out it's just a case of negotiating a standard lease and extending cover to the normal levels.

Thanks for that helpful post. Can you PM details market traders association thanks.

Advertisement