Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help finding an Ultrabook

Options
  • 21-08-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

hi there,

i don't know a whole lot about computer hardware so i would appreciate any advice you can offer.

i'm about to buy myself a new laptop. i have a budget of €600-800. i'm not fussy on brands but would love to get some nice bang for my buck.

portability and speed are important to me so am considering an ultrabook. i use it mainly for work (word/spreadsheet/email but not too heavy use), as well as home internet/email/watching video/streaming sports. i am not a gamer.

i've been told i should look at i5 or i7 processors depending on the specific versions (and to check them on PassMark)

i would also like a SSD as the boot time seems great and i don't need to have ahuge capacity for media etc on the laptop.

thanks for your help.

G
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have a DELL Latitude E7240 here and it's great (SSD, lots of ports, docking station support and comes in an i5 and i7 variant)

If that's outside your budget consider the previous generation E6230 or E6330 (13") model. We have several of these as well and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 redgerry

Thanks kaiser I'll have a look at those suggestions

Advertisement