Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Issues Dubai Ministry of Education approving Degree.

• 21-08-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

How's it going!

I'm new to this forum but really need some help or some guidance.

I accepted a job offer to teach in Dubai, however it was rescinded because the Dubai Ministry of Education would not approve my International Relations degree for teaching History. Despite the fact IR is a combination of history, political science, geography, and foreign language.

My degree is from an actual university and not an online university, I heard that was already an issue.

My Uncle and Aunt are teaching at the school I was to work and everything was going smoothly until this came up.

I am wondering if anyone else had any similar situation happen or know of a good way to contact the ministry of education in Dubai to kind of plead my case.

The school is already short staffed teachers and I really would like to get over there to work.

If any one out there can help let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

I'd say try contacting the principal of the school and discussing the options or have you spoken with the embassy there or here? If you really want to go to the Middle East there are other countries where degrees aren't attested by ministries. Kuwait is one probably Qatar too.

Advertisement