Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petty Revenge

• 21-08-2014 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

So my roommate can be an absolute dick at times. He also has a bunch of annoying habits. One of them is leaving the door unlocked, even when he's the last one leaving the flat.

So today I arrived in to the unlocked door, and locked it behind me as I always do. I was cooking dinner when I heard loud banging on the door. My roommate hadn't brought his keys out with him :D

So I stuck on my headphones and listened to music for about thirty minutes before I went out and unlocked the door for him :D

I was very satisfied with myself

Can anyone beat my epic tale of revenge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

But does that not cause needless antagonism between the two of ye??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

c_man wrote: »
    But does that not cause needless antagonism between the two of ye??

As far as he's aware I had my headphones on and didn't hear him banging on the door in the first place

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

So that's why you didn't answer the damned door. I hate you! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Waited till he was asleep,moved all the furniture the opposite way round,painted everything black and white,when he woke up,he thought he was in a negative!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Ye deserve each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

My housemate has the same bloody habit I don't understand it at all. One night out I happened to get lucky and came home a little earlier than usual and locked the door after we got in the house as anyone would do that late at night.

After about an hour my housemate arrives home keyless with a few friends of his and starts banging on the door. I do nothing about it and concentrate on the job at hand in my room as you do. Eventually the banging on the door stops.

Later on I wake to the sound of my housemate and his friends making awful drunken racket downstairs so I get up and suss it out. He's in an awful mood over being outside around the place for hours. He asked me did I not hear them knocking on the door and I just said I did but the girl upstairs wouldn't let me leave the room. He was stunned!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Have you ever tried talking to him about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

You should take all of his stuff and hide it somewhere, mess the place up a bit and pretend you've been burgled because he left the door open. Do it, OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Once in a shop I was behind Betty, and Jacinata was at the till.

Betty paid for her lotto and fags and Jacinta and Betty went on to have a 5 minute chat about Deano, leaving me standing behind Betty with my (proverbial) penis in hand, a non-entity, an invisible man, it was my social life all over again, this was intolerable injustice.

When they had finished talking about their tracksuits it was finally my golden opportunity to be spared 5 seconds by the wonderful Jacinta to complete my transaction.

'Next there please' came the order.

I approached the till,

'Now' said Jacinta, finally awaiting my order.

At this point I reached into my pocket and took out my phone, I then spent the next minute poorly pretending to talk to someone while I stood at the till as Jacinta stood with her hand out awaiting my cash, gormless and expectant.

I ended my sociopathic mock phone-call after a minute or two and completed my transaction and left feeling vindicated if somewhat pathetic.

But the important thing is that another epic victory was achieved, even if it was in the lower leagues of needless pettiness.

I like to think Ive set a important precedent that the situation should not re-occur. I compare it to the fight against apartheid in south Africa, a moral stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

My mother broke her leg quite badly a few years back and as a result she had to use a wheelchair.
    One day I took her out shopping and she started annoying me. We were in Penneys at the time, so I wheeled her to the men's section, parked her in front of the y fronts and put the brakes on the chair. I went off to Partners for a coffee and left her there. Took my time drinking it too, before I went back and wheeled her to the car.
    She didn't talk to me for about a week but it was so worth it. She looked like such a pervert! And she's far better behaved on our days out now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Deepheat in his lube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

When I was sixteen, a fella in my class wouldn't serve me at the local disco because he knew I was underage.

Last year I came upon him changing a flat wheel on a cold wet wintry November's night, AND I DROVE ON PAST!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Waited till he was asleep,moved all the furniture the opposite way round,painted everything black and white,when he woke up,he thought he was in a negative!

paint all the lightbulbs black, so that when he turns on the lights, it'll get darker!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

When I was sixteen, a fella in my class wouldn't serve me at the local disco because he knew I was underage.

Last year I came upon him changing a flat wheel on a cold wet wintry November's night, AND I DROVE ON PAST!!!!!

Thats the pettiness equivalent of a mossad/mafia/Ira long-term hit.
    We dont forget.

Inspirational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Advertisement