Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit No Funds

Options
  • 21-08-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,440 ✭✭✭✭

There wasn't enough funds in my account for my direct debit payment to come but twice BOI took 12.70 euros from the account why is this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi JP Liz V1, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]A [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]€12.50 charge is an unpaid fee for missing either a Direct Debit or Standing order which was due on your account. Regrettably, as we do not have account access through this channel we are unable to confirm exactly what has gone unpaid. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would advise you to contact your account holding branch where a representative will be more than happy to check this for you and confirm the reason for the second charge. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can locate the contact details of your branch here on our website. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks, [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Elaine [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 86,440 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

12.70 was taken twice has this charge always been around

Hi JP Liz V1, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Apologise for my original post. The unpaid see I was referring to is actually for E12.70. 

This is a standard fee on all accounts. As mentioned, to query why a second unpaid fee was applied please contact your account holding branch. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 86,440 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hi JP Liz V1, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Apologise for my original post. The unpaid see I was referring to is actually for E12.70. 

This is a standard fee on all accounts. As mentioned, to query why a second unpaid fee was applied please contact your account holding branch. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    How long is this fee in operation? Since when exactly?

Hi JP Liz V1, 

Although we are unable to confirm here the exact date when this charge was introduced, we can assure you that this fee has been in place for many years now. 

If you would like further information on the history of this charge, please contact your account holding branch. 

You can find a full list of all fees and charges here on our website. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
Advertisement