Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a chromcast cannot do

• 21-08-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

My projector and HTPC are currently set up on one side of the room with my wireless bluetooth speaker at the other end, by the screen.

I have a non-wireless 5.1 system and want to hook my HTPC up to it.
    So I figure I will have to move the HTPC over to near the speakers(and the screen) but at the same time I want to avoid having a large HDMI cable crawling across the room.

Is there a wireless video system(similar to a chromecast) that will allow for the projector as my primary screen from start-up?

Or do you think there is an easier solution to get my 5.1 speakers working.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

There is wireless hdmi kits. They normally work by a transmitter in your hdmi port on the htpc and a receiver module in the projector. I think from your post you have a projector, but if you have not, I know the Epsom range has that built in in some of the models. There is a few of the wireless kits on amazon, just check for wireless hdmi.

The issue normally with these is the voice sync. So you can get a problem with the encoding and decoding takes time and your voice get out of sync with what you see, think badly dubbed Movies (although that's a dramatic example, sometimes it's nanoseconds but enough to notice). Sometimes you can add a delay in to counterbalance that. I know a lot of amps have a delay feature to resync...maybe it's an option on your Non wires setup. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Honestly I went thru the hell of wiring behind the plasterboard and it's worth it. I have a hate of cables running everywhere. If you are going to do that, let me know I c an give you a load of pointers on what to watch for and how I would do it now...

Advertisement