Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murder hate crime (blacks kill whites)

• 21-08-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I just read a very interesting article about a trial in America where two white people were beaten to death outside a McDonald's in Texas university. The story was not widely reported in the media, no idea why not when if two innocent black people were beaten to death by a group of whites. Now the blacks are out protesting about the killing of a so called 'harmless' black teen in Missouri. Oh the hypocrisy!

Anyway, just wanted to make people aware of it.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/david-paulin/beaten-to-death-at-mcdonalds/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

I'm sure you must be trolling but anyway...

The recent case is more about the abuse of power by a police offer shooting an unarmed teen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I just read a very interesting article about a trial in America where two white people were beaten to death outside a McDonald's in Texas university. The story was not widely reported in the media, no idea why when if two innocent black people were beaten to death by a group of whites. Now the blacks are out protesting about the killing of a so called 'harmless' black teen in Missouri. Oh the hypocrisy!

I'm guessing that you're not terribly fond of black people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

FPM is a conservative, xenophobic and racist publication. Wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thebannerboy

No I do like them. But now I like them even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

No I do like them. But now I like them even more.

You're drinking too, yeah ....? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'm sure you must be trolling but anyway...

The recent case is more about the abuse of power by a police offer shooting an unarmed teen.

No its not. Its about race in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

woodoo wrote: »
    No its not. Its about race in America.

More about socio economic demographics.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

FPM is a conservative, xenophobic and racist publication. Wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Isn't that what American liberals say about every conservative publication.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wulfie

I just read a very interesting article about a trial in America where two white people were beaten to death outside a McDonald's in Texas university. The story was not widely reported in the media, no idea why not when if two innocent black people were beaten to death by a group of whites. Now the blacks are out protesting about the killing of a so called 'harmless' black teen in Missouri. Oh the hypocrisy!

I can't see the relevance of race . People, lots of people get murdered in the usa , every single day.

Maybe there's a website where i can read about all or some of the less internationally sensationalized newsworthy propaganda .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Because the media can't stir it up?

White on black crime is perfect for them to use to diminish race relations, which means viewership figures for the news companies.

• Advertisement

Wulfie wrote: »
    I can't see the relevance of race . People, lots of people get murdered in the usa , every single day.

Maybe there's a website where i can read about all or some of the less internationally sensationalized newsworthy propaganda .

Actually for some bizarre reason it was not reported on main stream media. I'm baffled as to why? Afraid of a race war? Not everyday even in America you hear of a mob of 400 killing two people. Just after the words 'Your in the wrong neck of woods cowboy'.

The protests in Missouri are against the prejudice towards blacks in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I wonder how MalKKKay Mackay would feel about whitey getting some tough lovin from a black boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think it ought to be remembered that going by the report, several people assisted the couples and at least one testified at the trial on their behalf, just before anyone gets too crazy. Also, its got to be remembered Ferguson is - at its heart, taking the racial tones out of it - about the potentially unjustified killing of an unarmed man by a police officer. Its also true to say that the restaurant appears to have been a very violent area with many black people being attacked - just before the beating, a gun had been drawn in the restaurant. People might equally point that the media did not report or make a big deal out of that violence. Though murder is a step up.

It's true that if a mob of white people attacked and beat to death black people in an unprovoked assault then all hell would break loose. The media do know the answer to that issue and believe its worth highlighting. In the Ferguson case we were very quickly informed that Michael Brown was black, and that the cop who shot him was white. That was seemingly very relevant to the shooting.

That a mob of black people attacked and beat to death a white couple in an unprovoked assault is dismissed by the same media as non-news or not unusual enough to report is pretty insulting...just not quite sure who to. Also interesting that the killers essentially got away with it - a 90 day sentence for one guy is a bit of a joke.

I will say one thing - if I arrived into the carparks of a McDonalds and saw 400 guys hanging around outside after midnight obviously up to no good, I'd be out of there whether it was Darndale or Texas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The story was not widely reported in the media, no idea why not
    Because if the news was to report every murder in America we'd have no time for our own local news.

Sand wrote: »
    I think it ought to be remembered that going by the report, several people assisted the couples and at least one testified at the trial on their behalf, just before anyone gets too crazy.

That a mob of black people attacked and beat to death a white couple in an unprovoked assault is dismissed by the same media as non-news or not unusual enough to report is pretty insulting...just not quite sure who to. Also interesting that the killers essentially got away with it - a 90 day sentence for one guy is a bit of a joke.

I will say one thing - if I arrived into the carparks of a McDonalds and saw 400 guys hanging around outside after midnight obviously up to no good, I'd be out of there whether it was Darndale or Texas.

The article says that the witness was one of the couple of white people who were in the restaurant. The people who helped, only stepped in to help her into the car after the incident.

The fact that these young teenagers didn't realise the danger of a crowd of 400 just shows how harmless and innocent and undeserving of the brutal assault that took place. A crowd stomping on somebody who they have never met before after telling them 'they are in the wrong neck of the woods cowboy' is a pure hate crime if ever there was one.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Because if the news was to report every murder in America we'd have no time for our own local news.

And its everyday you hear of 400 people of one race beating a couple of teenagers of another race to death after a racist taunt? Come on moderator even an ultra lib must be able to see that its a hate crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Killing somebody because of their skin colour is wrong full stop no matter what race the killer is or the victims are.

P_1 wrote: »
    Killing somebody because of their skin colour is wrong full stop no matter what race the killer is or the victims are.

What do you want for that statement? A gold star?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I just read a very interesting article about a trial in America where two white people were beaten to death outside a McDonald's in Texas university. ..............
    And its everyday you hear of 400 people of one race beating a couple of
    teenagers of another race to death after a racist taunt?

No, "they" were not beaten to death. Only one died at the restaurant.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-30/mcdonald-s-loses-27-million-jury-verdict-over-2-deaths.html

This story is two years old. One died outside the restauraunt, one died because of a car crash on the way to hospital.

• Advertisement

The article says that the witness was one of the couple of white people who were in the restaurant. The people who helped, only stepped in to help her into the car after the incident.
    Some nearby good-Samaritans, including a few black females, helped the frantic teens lift their dates into the 4Runner’s back seat; Ward was unable to speak or walk. Danisha Stern, a trial witness, then told them to “get out of there . . . it’s not safe.”

I might be guilty of racial profiling here, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Danisha was one of the black females. Actually, I'm right...the article confirms it later on:
    Stern, the black good-Samaritan, testified that the black mob had piled on Ward in part because he was white; or as she explained: “He was trying to save his friend or stop the attacks…targeted at his friend. And he was a white male so I guess any — anything that was — anybody that was not helping the fight, like, adding to the injury or whatever, was seen as an opponent or something, you know.”

Indeed, given that the article reports that the overwhelming majority of people in the carpark and the restaurant were black its safe to assume the majority of the good Samaritans were black as well. I'm not sure why its hard for you to accept that.
    The fact that these young teenagers didn't realise the danger of a crowd of 400 just shows how harmless and innocent and undeserving of the brutal assault that took place. A crowd stomping on somebody who they have never met before after telling them 'they are in the wrong neck of the woods cowboy' is a pure hate crime if ever there was one.

I agree that it demonstrates how innocent the victims were that their immediate reaction wasn't "Nope" and to drive off and find another McDonalds without the 400 strong mob of thugs outside it.

As for the hate crime aspect...I think that if circumstances were reversed ( a black date couple getting told they were in the wrong place, and then beaten to death by a mob of white people) the US media would go into full hysteria over it. The disinterest reflects the failure of the US media to actively seek racial tensions in some cases (like Ferguson, and Zimmerman-Martin and the Henry Louis Gates "incident" from recent times), and to self-censor in others. That doesn't mean any of those cases were hate crimes however.

That said, I think the deeper problem is that there is a culture where 400 young men hang out, after midnight turning their neighbourhoods into "no-go" areas for anyone with half an ounce of sense. The murderous beating of the victims wasn't a freak incident - it was something coming for a very long time by all accounts with years of violence at that location. Violence by and against black people. While I think the article does draw attention to the cynical lack of media attention on the attack on the white couples, it doesn't ask why the years of violence previous to that were not reported on or tackled *before* the murder occurred.

Personally I think the media's indulgence of race supports a self pitying, hopelessness that leads to underachievement and misdirected rage. And gangs of 400 men hanging around outside a McDonald's uselessly and violently rather than trying to improve their lives. The constant message from the media is "Don't try. Even if you become a professor like Gates, even if you become President, to the white police and the white elite you'll still be nothing".

One of the key things leaders like MLK offered was hope. All the current generation of leaders offer is cynicism and anger.

Personally I think the media's indulgence of race supports a self pitying, hopelessness that leads to underachievement and misdirected rage. And gangs of 400 men hanging around outside a McDonald's uselessly and violently rather than trying to improve their lives. The constant message from the media is "Don't try. Even if you become a professor like Gates, even if you become President, to the white police and the white elite you'll still be nothing".

They congregate there when the bars close. It's about as much to with race as O'Connells street on a Friday/Saturday night.

One of the key things leaders like MLK offered was hope. All the current generation of leaders offer is cynicism and anger.

This is the thing. While telling people to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps ain't the most effective way to get people to improve themselves, telling them they're victims and absolutely everything bad that happens to them isn't their fault doesn't promote improvement. The civil rights leaders and so on in the US have become part of the political and media machines at this stage.

Nodin wrote: »
    Friday/Saturday night.

What's Friday/Saturday night got to do with anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The media in the US shamelessly exploits/ignores these situations. See, if a white person is beaten to death or shot by a black person there is no ratings in that, the white community is unlikely to march on the streets, start riots and add violence to the situation. You definitely will not see people like a white Al Sharpton stoking the coals. When its the other way around, well its like ripping off the dressing of old wounds. Easy and predictable outcomes follow. If one then voices an opinion of the hypocrisy it all the media and social media are then quick to 'out' them.

Take this video from the latest issue in Fergusan.

Note the others reaction to what he is saying..

This video is another take on it.

Its sad that in society one cannot voice an opinion or even basic facts without being 'outted' as some pseudo Racist and the US media lap this stuff up, pushing the same tired narrative that actually does huge damage to black communities.

What's Friday/Saturday night got to do with anything?

If you'd ever been on O'Connell street at pub closing on Friday or Saturday nignht, you'd know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Isn't that what American liberals say about every conservative publication.

Nearly every headline had something to do with black racism against white people. I'd say it has an agenda. Possibly a gay one too. They keep mentioning "shirtless" black males.

If you'd ever been on O'Connell street at pub closing on Friday or Saturday nignht, you'd know.

The comparison would be true if those on O'Connell street were offing each other off in record numbers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Why does the color of your skin have to matter ?

• Advertisement

It shouldn't but we see certain groups and people agitate and use racial tensions for other selfish purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

It shouldn't but there are racists and those who wish to exaggerate the degree of it's prevalence (or ignored the fact that class is the real issue) for their own gain and once you have both these types of people in the world, skin colour will unfortunately continue to have a significance.

As for the ignoring of race crimes against whites.. it undoubtedly does occur.

Natasha McShane's attacker for example, just before he attacked her said:

"..look at these white hoes".

Had a white guy said:

"..look at these black hoes".

..before then beating a black woman with a baseball bat to the point where she was left in the brain damaged state in which Natasha has been, God alone knows what the fallout would have been like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Eh - there is a strong cultural and racial bias in people. The media reflects that. The media shows whatever it thinks will get people to watch.

There are lots of examples - a cute girl goes missing, the news is all over it. And ugly girl goes missing, not a big deal.

Race is a hot topic, especially in the US. White cop kills unarmed black teen - that's something people tune in to hear about. Reverse the race, and nobody cares as much.

Proof:
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58304981-78/police-taylor-lake-salt.html.csp

White unarmed teen killed by black cop. Nobody outside of the place it happened has heard about it. I didn't even know about it until I Googled hoping to find an example that wasn't a white cop killing a black teen.

Race-baiting is an easy way to get viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

UCDVet wrote: »
    Race-baiting is an easy way to get viewers.

Exactly, had this girl being white, it would have been made out to be racist that he trips her:

The cop is not black by the way, despite the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Yeah you definitely have a point. But the cases are different...michael brown was an unarmed civilian who was shot dead by an authority figure for no good reason. These people on the other hand were a very naive couple murdered by thugs.
    And there are other sides of the media where black, in fact all people of colour, are severely under represented. Any of the famous child abduction cases are young white girls. can anyone even think of a famous kidnapping involving a black girl? I know I cant. I just heard yesterday that a black super model in america has been missing for almost a fortnight. Imagine the media sensation if a famous white american super model went missing?

I dont think the media are necessarily racist themselves, I just think they report whatever will get highest ratings. And this can sometimes come off as racist ie only reporting white on black hate crimes, noly reporting white girls being kidnapped ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2728421/Im-worried-sick-Friend-missing-New-York-fashion-model-says-boyfriend-revealed-61-110-pound-Ataui-Deng-just-wanted-away-mysteriously-left-cell-phone-home.html

She was actually found a couple days ago, I just realised :) But it had hardly been reported during the 2 weeks she was missing so the point still stands

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    The comparison would be true if those on O'Connell street were offing each other off in record numbers...

They're doing a good job of offing each other in West Finglas, but I'm not sure anyone has said it's racially inspired.

What connection does that have to the events in Texas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Thinking of changing my name to Wyatt Power for the laugh

What connection does that have to the events in Texas?

Did you bother reading what I replied to?

Did you bother reading what I replied to?

Was it meant to offer some explanation?

• Advertisement

Was it meant to offer some explanation?

Being obtuse doesn't really get you anywhere. What I meant is clear from the context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Probably has something to do with the fact that white on black violence has bit of a history in the US. The news of police killing a unarmed black individual is sadly quite a familiar narrative. It wouldn't be the first time that a black person has become the subject of law enforcement's abuse of power and it probably won't be the last either. This is an issue that goes way back and finds its roots in years of institutionalized racism in the US. That's what the main difference is between something like the Ferguson case and the case of two white people wandering into a dangerous area in the middle of the night. Your story is two years old anyway, so I don't see its relevance to the current Ferguson situation.

Doesn't take from the fact that hate crimes against white people should be reported on, I just don't see the relevance of that particular case to Ferguson. They're different situations.

And as has already been mentioned, there's also the flip side of this where the media only reports on cute little white girls in missing persons cases. In fact, I can't think of a single high profile case involving a black kid ever.

If you're looking for consistency in mainstream media, you're not gonna find it.

Being obtuse doesn't really get you anywhere. What I meant is clear from the context.

You say that but your tone indicates you disagree yet your statements agree with mine.

They're doing a good job of offing each other in West Finglas, but I'm not sure anyone has said it's racially inspired.

Ah, so you agree that the whole race issue in the US has been overblown so.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Yeah you definitely have a point. But the cases are different...michael brown was an unarmed civilian who was shot dead by an authority figure for no good reason. These people on the other hand were a very naive couple murdered by thugs.

That has yet to be established and there are currently two investigations going on at the minute about that shooting. So to say the above has no basis in fact yet.
    And there are other sides of the media where black, in fact all people of colour, are severely under represented. Any of the famous child abduction cases are young white girls. can anyone even think of a famous kidnapping involving a black girl?

How about a white boy? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

michael brown was an unarmed civilian who was shot dead by an authority figure for no good reason.

I'm sorry, come again?

No good reason?

Come....again...lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

And as has already been mentioned, there's also the flip side of this where the media only reports on cute little white girls in missing persons cases. In fact, I can't think of a single high profile case involving a black kid ever.
    t.

Well I can't think of a high profile stranger abduction case of any child in our corner of the world since Madeline McCann (if it even was an abduction, as the evidence we have more likely points to the mother of all cover ups). And prior to that would have been the Soham case. And although it wasn't an abduction in the end, the search for the Asian kid in Edinburgh not too long ago was all over the news.

Abduction cases involving Arab fathers kidnapping their Irish/ English children get considerable coverage regularly, so I don't know where people are pulling this discrimination nonsense from. Black kids getting abducted draws little news attention because, well, it doesn't actually happen very often believe it or not, as indeed it doesn't happen to many other children very often (and before anyone pulls it out, most of those kids "missing" from HSE care are not missing in the conventional sense). You can't say that the news gave wall to wall coverage to the McCanns when there is no minority abduction case in the UK to compare the coverage against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

And its everyday you hear of 400 people of one race beating a couple of teenagers of another race to death after a racist taunt? Come on moderator even an ultra lib must be able to see that its a hate crime.

You keep saying this as if all 400 took turns to lay in the boot, the reality is a small minority of the 400 beat these boys to death.

I'm sorry, come again?

No good reason?

Come....again...lad.

I dont care what the guy did, and whatever he did do it didnt warrant the death penalty

jank wrote: »
    That has yet to be established and there are currently two investigations going on at the minute about that shooting. So to say the above has no basis in fact yet.

How about a white boy? ;)

Well as far as I know, he was a thief. But the cop who shot him was unaware of the robbery committed by Michael Brown at the time of the shooting. I know Michael brown shoved the cop and punched him and yes he deserved to be arrested obviously. But Michael brown did surrender and was running away from the police man as the bullet hit him in the back. No matter what crime Michael brown committed, the point is an unarmed fleeing civilian was shot dead from behind.

And yeah I agree. Males(no matter what their race may be) are way under represented in kidnapping cases. But thats an entirely different issue, right now were just discussing the race aspect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement