Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc repeat: Limerick tutorial college

• 21-08-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I didn't get my points for the course I wanted this year and was thinking of repeating my leaving cert in limerick tutorial college. Just wondering would anyone of feedback about the college on how they found it ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

I didn't go there but I know lots of people who did.

Everyone did extremely well in their leaving cert and got the courses they aimed to get. It will be a tough year but it's worth it I'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

plmko wrote: »
    I didn't go there but I know lots of people who did.

Everyone did extremely well in their leaving cert and got the courses they aimed to get. It will be a tough year but it's worth it I'd say.

Everyone you know who went there, or 'everyone'?

Grind businesses for repeating are the same as schools for repeating. Some people do better than they did before, some people do the same, some people do worse.

For some people, paying a large amount of money is enough of a kick in the pants to make sure they work hard at repeating. Some people can give themselves their own free kick in the pants.

Depends on yourself OP and whether you plan to do the work or not, wherever you do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I didn't get my points for the course I wanted this year and was thinking of repeating my leaving cert in limerick tutorial college. Just wondering would anyone of feedback about the college on how they found it ???

I repeated in tutorial and being honest it was the best decision for me. I got a pretty good lc last year and alot of people close to me were shocked when I decided to repeat there cause I didnt know what I wanted to do. I found most of the teachers in there lovely and really good.

As a repeat student you can choose whatever subjects your best at and drop you're weaker ones (except for medicine) so this year i didnt have to do english, irish or french (no orals! :D). The principle helps you make a study timetable which for every hour of class you have a study hour after it which I found really good. You have a seat in the study hall which is supervised by two supervisors where you go if you dont have a class. After all big tests/exams ie. October exams, christmas etc. you have a one on one meeting with the principle to discuss your results .

You'll also make some amazing friends in there as everyone is really nice! :) before going there you have to be prepared to work hard as it definitely isnt an easy year as your in school from 9 to 9 or till 10 if you choose! Of course theres plenty of public schools that you can repeat in that are probably just as good.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do! :)

Advertisement