Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you studying in DIT this year?

Options
  • 21-08-2014 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd make a thread to try round up people starting in DIT this year (both out of Leaving Cert and from places beyond!) Tell us what you're studying, maybe you'll find people taking the same course!

This is my second time returning to college having dropped out in 2012 - glad to be back on board and looking forward to starting a course in Product Design, can't wait to see the new Grangegorman campus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

DT315, can't wait!! Anyone know if you need a laptop for this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 JackGM

Physics with Medical physics and Bioengineering. Looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

Film and Broadcasting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AlTahir

Dt228 computer science

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Dt204 biomedical science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

DT399 Economics and Finance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rra

Dt228/2 Computer Science with advanced entry. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shonamca

DT104 Auctioneering, Valuations and Estate Agency! Anyone else in Bolton Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

DT080, advanced entry into year 2 as I did a networking course previously. Looking forward to starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

DT444, Health & Nutrition for the Culinary Arts. I can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Daniel_2014

DT211 - Computing ! A little nervous to be honest

DT211 - Computing ! A little nervous to be honest

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

DT080, advanced entry into year 2 as I did a networking course previously. Looking forward to starting.

Same as myself shall see you there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Robbyb525

DT204 Biomedical science :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm heading back to study DT112- BSc Geomatics. I cannot bloody wait to get started. It has felt interminable at this stage since I have had my place as part of Non-standard entry since May.

I remember starting back in Bolton St in 2004. Hopefully will be making a better stab of it this time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

DT101 - Architecture, cannot wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

DT582 (I think?) - Journalism anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Antiundead

DT001 - Product Design. BOOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GraceCareer

Hi, am studying Tourism Management, looking for any advice on accommodation (new to Dublin) or grants!
    Thanks!

Hi, am studying Tourism Management, looking for any advice on accommodation (new to Dublin) or grants!
    Thanks!

There are student villas in various areas of Dublin. I think there about €100 per week. You get your own little apartment with a small kitchen and toilet. SUSI should cover it. There are also public transport grants you may get from your local area partnership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 GraceCareer

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    There are student villas in various areas of Dublin. I think there about €100 per week. You get your own little apartment with a small kitchen and toilet. SUSI should cover it. There are also public transport grants you may get from your local area partnership.

Thanks for your help. They sound promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Starfree

DT204 Biomedical Science!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

I have DT315 accepted from first round offers (Level 6 Business Studies) because I missed out on my first choice by 5 points so I'm waiting now for the second round of offers! Hopefully I get my place in DT398 (Human Resource Management) but if not I can still progress into 2nd or 3rd year of the course with my Level 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Polybrow

DT565.. my class has a small number so I'm curious about who else will be in it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cinephille1888

DT106 Planning and environmental management.

Long road back to education after 5 years since my last time in college. Onwards and upwards.

DT106 Planning and environmental management.

Long road back to education after 5 years since my last time in college. Onwards and upwards.

5 years is nothing. I'm heading back after 10.

Funny we'll be doing stuff together it seems given the overlaps between Planning and Env Mgt and Geomatics.

DT106 was my other possibility as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cinephille1888

5 years is nothing. I'm heading back after 10.

Funny we'll be doing stuff together it seems given the overlaps between Planning and Env Mgt and Geomatics.

DT106 was my other possibility as well.

Cool. See you around.

Nursing was my last attempt, didn't go so well.

I also had Geomatics down. Even interviewed for it and got an offer. But Planning was my focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 GerSmith

After a 4 year break I am going back part time to do the MSc Digital Marketing & Analytics. Have to say, I have never been this motivated and/or excited to go and study. I look forward to it and good luck to all incoming students both young and old(er), like myself.

My class seems larger than I expected. And in true Bolton St fashion there's one girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Anyone know how to get the full version of the student handbook online for our courses? :)

Advertisement