Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty much decided to move to Aus

Options
  • 22-08-2014 6:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Basically I was on holiday in Aus recently and I really liked it over there , I'm back to my boring job and life next week so I've made the decision to apply for a five year migration visa and make the move within 6 months , my brother said I can stay with him for free until I get work . I'm posting here because I wanted to get a feel of people's opinions , I'm in a permanent job back home earning 60k with full health benefits , however most of my friends have settled down and my weekends are very boring as I live in a very small city . I also don't like my situation in work as present as they have become a pack of slave drivers . I'm in my mid 30s , single , no mortgage and no dependants so I don't really think there's anything holding me back . Would just like to get some feedback and advice from people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

First things first what visa are you going for and have you investigated it? Might be difficult to have it all sorted within 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Your decision (obviously). My advice ? - Go for it ! I've never looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Long Gone wrote: »
    Your decision (obviously). My advice ? - Go for it ! I've never looked back.

I'll second that. best thing i ever did

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Go for it. You will not regret it and you have a brother over there so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

Too many variables to say. Will you get a decent job over there paying you a good salary? What about visa status, will you be tied to an employer or have to work in a regional area? Will you want to return home regularly (e.g. for weddings/funerals/etc)?

I would be very careful about jacking in a 60k job on the basis of a holiday. Living here is very different to holidaying here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement