Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipped tooth (dog)

• 22-08-2014 8:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

Happy Friday everyone...

While doing my routine ear, teeth, paws and pads checks on the boys this morning... I noticed a very small chip in Jacks tooth. (Third tooth from left on top picture).

78826D21-8A4B-449D-B8BA-7E185A1F617F_zpshafkqnre.jpg

8F87A1DE-D55F-456A-A8DC-8FF7F0B6DD9F_zpswcgjlxk5.jpg

He's happily obliged me with a few pics of same.

It's just a chip in the enamel. No dentine exposed and certainly no pulp or nerve visible. I'm obviously going to call to a vets to get an opinion or three.

I just wanted to know of any of you had similar chips with one of yours? And is it a matter of just keeping an eye on it.

The boys are raw fed and forever 'mouthing' (open mouths / teeth clashing) when they are playing... So I'm guessing that's how it happened.

But as Jack is only 9 months old... He has been known to chew on the odd 'foreign object'

Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I would not be concerned personally. I have seen alot worse than that and the dog and tooth have been fine.

Advertisement