Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet cut off - getting nowhere with customer service

Options
  • 22-08-2014 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Close to boiling point - stayed off work Mon 18th for my efibre upgrade. Technician arrived across rd and worked on green box - drove off - never called to house -  checked my internet - it was down. Called customer service - there reply " nothing I can do but try and get another appointment for you - in sept" !!!! called customer service again tues - got no where - told it will be sept - asked can I escalate to a manager - I was refused !!! decided to call sales on wed - girl said "oh your efibre order is complete - she sent me out a new efibre modem- got it yesterday - plugged in - surprise - NO internet. Called tech support - said line was dead - he would try to get a technician to me but could not say when - likely Monday.

SO I now have no internet for a week - eircom cut me off - instead of upgrading me - and all I have met is incompetent customer serivices reps. To the sales girl credit and tech support guys credit - at least they tried to help - customer service reps were nothing short of incompetent.

How can eircom expect people to support their business when treated like this - I have been a loyal customer for decades - but will be contacting UPC to see who quickly I can change over to their service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Close to boiling point - stayed off work Mon 18th for my efibre upgrade. Technician arrived across rd and worked on green box - drove off - never called to house -  checked my internet - it was down. Called customer service - there reply " nothing I can do but try and get another appointment for you - in sept" !!!! called customer service again tues - got no where - told it will be sept - asked can I escalate to a manager - I was refused !!! decided to call sales on wed - girl said "oh your efibre order is complete - she sent me out a new efibre modem- got it yesterday - plugged in - surprise - NO internet. Called tech support - said line was dead - he would try to get a technician to me but could not say when - likely Monday.

SO I now have no internet for a week - eircom cut me off - instead of upgrading me - and all I have met is incompetent customer serivices reps. To the sales girl credit and tech support guys credit - at least they tried to help - customer service reps were nothing short of incompetent.

How can eircom expect people to support their business when treated like this - I have been a loyal customer for decades - but will be contacting UPC to see who quickly I can change over to their service.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi dublinbrian

I'm very sorry to hear this and apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you would like to PM me your account number or order number I will check to see if I can shed any more light on this for you.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement