Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile gaming platform

Options
  • 22-08-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hey lads, i am looking to get a new phone in the next month and ive come to a dilemma :pac: i am really loving the look of the upcoming Note 4 and its 5.7 inch screen, but i am also hearing that apple will release a 5.5 inch iphone 6!

this has led me to consider an iphone for the first time ever! now my question, which is better as a gaming platform? android or ios? are most of the mainstream games still released first on apple and then later on android? whats the story with emulation on ios? its relatively easy on android (just download an app) can the same be said about ios? would love to get some old ps1 FF going :cool:

my inner nerd is saying go note 4 because well iphone is apple and ewwwwww, but whats yer opinion on the current state?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Android guys are going to say buy android.
    iOS guys are going to say buy iOS.

It's really down to personal preference and what your gut tells you.

Define a "mainstream game" - are you talking Angry Birds, or games like Infinity Blade?

it just seems like any big moblie game gets released first on ios, ive been android (and maemo 5 :D ) never gone ios because well im anti apple to the bone, are games and apps more stable on ios because unlike android there are far less types of different phones running ios? i will be pulling my hair out between the note 4 and iphone 6 (5.5inch if true)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

hey lads, i am looking to get a new phone in the next month and ........ now my question, which is better as a gaming platform? android or ios?

Classic stuff, mobile gaming platform :pac::pac::pac:

Buy yourself a Gameboy

already have a 3ds, with the amount of emulators on android i think its a perfectly good gaming system, particularly on the go when you dont want to be carrying 2 devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Nvidia Shield tablet?

Advertisement