Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used van, injectors gone, covered on 3 month warranty?

Options
  • 22-08-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys my husband bought a van from a dealer in Kerry, the day he bought it after we headed home it broke down, the fuel injectors were giving trouble so , he got it looked at and after loosing a tank of diesel, we had to get it towed home, bad sign from the start, he rang the garage informed them etc, and let it go, seeing as he was told it was a small problem etc, then last week it happened again this time we are informed that 2 fuel injectors need to be changed, the mechanic cant get them out and only 3 mechanics in Ireland can get these type of injectors out of this van.

Mechanic ( independant ) and not affiliation to the Kerry garage, told my husband he had been speaking to the garage and looks like they might pay half.

I think they should pay the whole lot? Is it law or can anyone help me , we have payed out a lot of money already that wont be gotten back, I've had to borrow a car and full it with diesel etc to say thank you, and other nuisances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Did your husband buy the van for business use or solely for private use? If the latter you have some consumer protection but not if the former (although you may have other avenues). Was a warranty given?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lilylimerick29

Well he bought it in case he gets any work, he is a tradesman, but he uses that van and I use our car, there was a 3 month warranty given alright...

Advertisement