Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centra to Supervalu rebrand & expansion - Enfield - Nail in the coffin for Tesco?

Options
  • 22-08-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone been in the Supervalu (Centra until last Sunday) yet? I was not expecting the new section to be open so quickly. Although the shop is very much in a state of change at the moment and also that a whole new section has yet to be completed (the old shop), the changes are already amazing compared to the old store.
    The amount of space is something else, even now. It will be fantastic to see the finished product and the much larger car park will be very welcome. Centra already had a very very loyal following and poor Tesco across the road is always more or less empty. Does anyone think this will be the nail in the coffin for Tesco Enfield?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

No Aldi or Lidl yet in Enfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I don't know is Enfield quite ready for Aldi or Lidl yet. It is quite impressive
    how quickly Centra/SV got the new part open. Tesco will probably keep
    doing about the same as they are. About 1/3 of the shop seems to be
    drink. It's a quick place to go in and pick up the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yeah Tescos doesn't get much love in that town! It's just too small and the Centra already is stocked better than it.

I'd love an Aldi there as that's where I do my big shop.
    I will try doing big shop in the new Supervalu for a few weeks and see if much of a difference.

Does anyone know if the playground is still being built behind the Centra carpark? If so, any ideas when it will be ready? It would be nice not to have to drive 10km to find one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Tescos is a bit rubbish there. They carry very little own band stuff there.

Hopefully SuperValu is better

Advertisement