Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network for travel to UK & US ?

Options
  • 22-08-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a little advice on this. I'm currently with Meteor & have been mostly happy with them, however will be spending some time travelling to both the US & UK. Will have a requirement for voice & data. Also would be convenient if I could tether my laptop or else also get a midi unit on the same account.

I'm going to transfer my phone into a corporate account but which is the best network to go for ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OU812 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a little advice on this. I'm currently with Meteor & have been mostly happy with them, however will be spending some time travelling to both the US & UK. Will have a requirement for voice & data. Also would be convenient if I could tether my laptop or else also get a midi unit on the same account.

I'm going to transfer my phone into a corporate account but which is the best network to go for ?

Thanks

If it's a corporate account there's really only 2 options.. Vodafone or O2 (now 3). Realistically there's not much between them except that I find O2's business care better (I manage an a/c of 40 users and have dealt with both companies)

Both of these will have business/corporate level packages which include roaming/data agreements to the countries you've mentioned - the data limits will be poor compared to consumer packages (usually only 1 or 2 GB) but seeing as wireless is everywhere this shouldn't be an issue for most users. Tethering shouldn't be an issue either for business accounts.

Best thing really is to give them (or whoever manages your corporate account) a call and see what they can do as the pricing plans vary depending on number of users, expected spend etc

If you're joining an existing company plan though you will probably want to check what their position is on personal use. Some companies don't care and will just pay the bills unless it's a ridiculous amount or you're using premium services or charging apps to them or something, but others will want you to go through the invoice line-by-line to identify your own calls and charge you for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Which tariffs have one or two GB data's roaming included. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement