Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you pay for the brand or actual product.

• 22-08-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Little while ago I startrd a thread to help buying a watch. Most of the watches I was interested in were designer watches and lots of people there in the watch forum told me that when you buy designer watches, your realistically paying for the brand rather then the watch.
    So that had me thinking. I went to tesco yesterday and bought a packet of tesco quality fries and I usually never do, mostly buy those lidle ones.
    But they tasted they exact same. Another story was a little while ago I was told to bring buns to a party and I jokingly said I will bring tesco buns and all the lads went crazy saying bring proper buns like...
    At the end of the day I brought tesco buns and noone complained.
    So can it be said for food and other necessities apart from tech. that you pay for the brand or product.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Do you pay for cheap ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Product - plenty of items in, say Lidl, are just as good... if not better, than your usual brand.

Only exception I'd hold against cheaper brands to the more expensive, usual brands, would be cereal... cereal sold by Lidl is like eating card board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

For food, I look for 2 key ingredients - Sugar and Salt.
    If the sugar and salt % are the same or less for the non-brand product, I will buy it.
    Both will make anything taste "nice" but they'll kill you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

For food, I look for 2 key ingredients - Sugar and Salt.
    If the sugar and salt % are the same or less for the non-brand product, I will buy it.
    Both will make anything taste "nice" but they'll kill you too.

So "they" say....today.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

all the lads went crazy saying bring proper buns

What kind of party was this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement