Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum standards and lease question

Options
  • 22-08-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Just a quick question, landlord is raising the rent up by 75 euro per month, from 550 to 625 (was originally supposed to be 650 euro). I'm in Ranelagh so it's not out of market value. It's a small one bed place, so it's a bit better than a bedsit. Problem is it's over a supermarket, which makes a lot of noise, and the bathroom is separate from the unit. It is for my exclusive use. I haven't been able to get a definite answer on whether this conforms to minimum standards, I mean about the toilet being separate from my house. I also think there is a heating issue in the winter, but in fairness there is no damp so It's not in a bad way, I have to be honest. It's not as if the place is in disrepair, but there are certainly some things which I wonder about.

I have lived there at 550 per month for 12 months, and the landlord want s me to sign a 6 month lease at a minimum. However, I was under the impression that after a year of a tenancy agreement I could live there on a rolling basis, as this is what threshold told me, but maybe there was a mix up on one side or the other.

He also said that he legally had to sign a new lease. I don't know if that is true as I didn't sign a lease in the first place, rather a tenancy agreement.

Comments

Advertisement