Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seven inch cake tin

Options
  • 22-08-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I haven't baked a cake in years and I threw out my old tins sometime in the past. I came across an old cookery book that I got a present of in 1979 (written by Marguerite Patten). It has a recipe for a Genoa light fruit cake that I used bake. A seven inch round tin is specified but the only tin I can get is eight inch.
    I have tried baking in this tin but the cake is almost flat. Where can I get a seven inch tin in the Dublin area? I live in Dublin 15 but can't find a seven inch tin in the shopping centre in Blanchardstown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Have you tried TK Maxx? They tend to have a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

joolsveer wrote: »
    I haven't baked a cake in years and I threw out my old tins sometime in the past. I came across an old cookery book that I got a present of in 1979 (written by Marguerite Patten). It has a recipe for a Genoa light fruit cake that I used bake. A seven inch round tin is specified but the only tin I can get is eight inch.
    I have tried baking in this tin but the cake is almost flat. Where can I get a seven inch tin in the Dublin area? I live in Dublin 15 but can't find a seven inch tin in the shopping centre in Blanchardstown.

You could scale up the ingredients by about 1/3rd or 30 per cent, which will give you the same depth in an 8 inch tin as the original recipe does in a 7 inch tin.

You get more cake as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Decobake online if you don't want the hassle of going into town?
    http://www.decobake.com/product/7-round-tin-4-deep/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I found a tin in TK Maxx. Thanks.

Advertisement