Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre still waiting on prequal?

Options
  • 22-08-2014 12:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So we got efibre 5 weeks ago ,all is well and delighted with it but people in the area connected to another cab are getting close to 100mb speeds.
    I however am getting just on 70mb and seem to be set on the 70/20 profile but mys stats are excellent and i should be getting close to 100mb too.
    I rang and spoke to tech support close to 3 weeks ago and they told me they are waiting for a prequal for the cab and speed would be increased automatically.
    3 weeks on and still the same, ofcourse im delighted to have efibre atlast but im less than 100M from our cab yet a friend 200M from another cab is getting close to 100mb.

When i rang support about this it took and age to get to speak to someone,at this stage and my previous nightmare episodes with eircom support id rather not have to ring again, can any reps assist me here please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dcully wrote: »
    So we got efibre 5 weeks ago ,all is well and delighted with it but people in the area connected to another cab are getting close to 100mb speeds.
    I however am getting just on 70mb and seem to be set on the 70/20 profile but mys stats are excellent and i should be getting close to 100mb too.
    I rang and spoke to tech support close to 3 weeks ago and they told me they are waiting for a prequal for the cab and speed would be increased automatically.
    3 weeks on and still the same, ofcourse im delighted to have efibre atlast but im less than 100M from our cab yet a friend 200M from another cab is getting close to 100mb.

When i rang support about this it took and age to get to speak to someone,at this stage and my previous nightmare episodes with eircom support id rather not have to ring again, can any reps assist me here please.
    Hi Dcully

Hope all is well, I only have your old account number and I'm finding it difficult to locate your new efibre account, can you PM me your efibre account number? - I'll escalate this to technical support to look in to.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

sent thanks

sent thanks
    No worries  Dcully

I've sent a request to technical support - I'll get right back to you as soon as I have a reply :)

Al

I still havent heard anything about this yet.

As you can see my stats are very good i should be able to approach 100mb.
    The last time i rang about this is was thrown allover the place to try to talk to somebody and nobody could help.
    Surely a prequal has been carried out by now? and surely i can be put on a higher profile,people on another cab close to my place are getting close to 100mb.

VDSL Port Details       Upstream         Downstream
                   Line Rate:     20.477 Mbps       71.678 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     20.478 Mbps       71.679 Mbps
              Trellis Coding:         ON                ON
                  SNR Margin:       13.3 dB           17.5 dB
                Actual Delay:          0 ms              0 ms
              Transmit Power:      -10.6 dBm          13.3 dBm
               Receive Power:      -23.3 dBm           0.7 dBm
                  Actual INP:       29.0 symbols      30.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       12.6 dB           12.5 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     28.352 Mbps      101.860 Mbps

Speaking to live chat here now they are saying their system will not allow them to increase the profile past 70mb.
    Im guessing almost 2 months on no prequal was carried out on this cab?
    The chat agent reckons this appears to be the case.
    Any means of getting this done?

• Advertisement

Speaking to live chat here now they are saying their system will not allow them to increase the profile past 70mb.
    Im guessing almost 2 months on no prequal was carried out on this cab?
    The chat agent reckons this appears to be the case.
    Any means of getting this done?
    Hi Dcully

I've been informed the same by technical support, basically that we will need to wait until a prequal is done on the cabinet - I've asked when this is due and the best info they could offer me is that it should be by the end of the year.
    There is no means or alternative route to request this and until the pre-qual is done eircom will be unable to offer you speeds fatester than 70MB.

Al

Thanks Alan, i was lead to believe it was performed monthly.

Thanks Alan, i was lead to believe it was performed monthly.
    Hi Dcully

So was I, technical support have confirmed that monthly tests are done on lines for regular broadband but in relation to efibre it can be every couple of months unfortunately.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Hi Dcully
    Think yourself lucky mate.I get 0.80mb down and 0.21mb up on a good day with no hope of that improving in the near future.EFibre is supposed to be coming to my area come February but I know my "address is as yet not enabled" like so many other Eircom customers.I would be over the moon to get even a quarter of the speed you are getting :) 

Steve F wrote: »

Hi Dcully
    Think yourself lucky mate.I get 0.80mb down and 0.21mb up on a good day with no hope of that improving in the near future.EFibre is supposed to be coming to my area come February but I know my "address is as yet not enabled" like so many other Eircom customers.I would be over the moon to get even a quarter of the speed you are getting :) 
    Oh i do , ive had my fair share of crappy internet for far too long.

• Advertisement

Hi Dcully
    Hi Dcully
    Just being curious here but why do you need that extra 30mb for? Unless you are downloading huge files day and night that extra speed isn't going to make a whole heap of difference surely?
    Steve

Hi Dcully
    Hi Dcully
    Just being curious here but why do you need that extra 30mb for? Unless you are downloading huge files day and night that extra speed isn't going to make a whole heap of difference surely?
    Steve
    I with you, fully agree,what i have is insanely fast compared to what i had but when neighbours are getting 98mb and further from their cabs than i am questions need to be asked since im paying for it :)

Hi Dcully
    Hi Dcully
    Steve
    I with you, fully agree,what i have is insanely fast compared to what i had but when neighbours are getting 98mb and further from their cabs than i am questions need to be asked since im paying for it :)
    How very true Dcully

Advertisement