Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung faulty phone

Options
  • 22-08-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

Bought a Samsung Galaxy s4 yesterday. Texting on it this morning and it just switched off wouldn't come back on. I've never returned anything before. Since I have the phone less than 24hrs will they replace it as I really can't do without it for a couple of weeks :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You'll need to ask the retailer what they'll do but under consumer law they can offer a repair or replacement or refund. If the manufacturer's warranty says a replacement will be given then that's another route to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Have you tried charging and holding the power button etc? Some phone can be a little quirky at first, and appear dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Have you tried charging and holding the power button etc? Some phone can be a little quirky at first, and appear dead.

Thanks Kenny but I tried it and a hard reset but got nothing. Battery was fully charged too.

I had a abscessed molar removed yesterday so it's not the best time to go into battle with a retailer. To be fair to the store I haven't brought it back yet so I have no idea what their returns policy is like but I have read so many horror stories on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Update. So my dad brought back the phone to the shop (better him than me I can't talk and the pain killers are upsetting my stomach lol) and they have said they will exchange it just I will have to wait until Wednesday for it to come in. It's a bit of an inconvenience but A+++++ to the store and the way they have handled it.

Advertisement