Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another NPPR thread

Options
  • 22-08-2014 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Sorry, as this has been done to date.

Am I correct in that you are only liable for NPPR for 2013 if the property in question was owned by you and was not your principal private residence on 31 March 2013?

I owned property A which was my PPR until June 2013

I purchased property B at the end of June 2013 and rented out property A shortly afterwards

I did not pay the NPPR charge for 2013 as property A was my only property and was my PPR on the "liability date" of 31 March 2013.

I am now getting paranoid coming up to 31 August and just need a sense check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

And yes, I have tried to ring my local council to confirm, but no answer time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Sorry, as this has been done to date.

Am I correct in that you are only liable for NPPR for 2013 if the property in question was owned by you and was not your principal private residence on 31 March 2013?

I owned property A which was my PPR until June 2013

I purchased property B at the end of June 2013 and rented out property A shortly afterwards

I did not pay the NPPR charge for 2013 as property A was my only property and was my PPR on the "liability date" of 31 March 2013.

I am now getting paranoid coming up to 31 August and just need a sense check.

Yes, that it correct imo. However, I would get it in writing if I were you. Email your Local Authority seeking clarification rather than ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Good point.
    Thanks

Advertisement