Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lead in the water

• 22-08-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

according to breakingnews.ie irish water was told of the unacceptable leavel of lead in the water in the north of my city, that was five , yes 5 days before the public were told not to use it, not even boilt it, a little different from the spin by a goverment minister say that we have ballygowan quality water, yup there must be two types of ballygowan, one for the td's and one for the plebs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

flutered wrote: »
    according to breakingnews.ie irish water was told of the unacceptable leavel of lead in the water in the north of my city, that was five , yes 5 days before the public were told not to use it, not even boilt it, a little different from the spin by a goverment minister say that we have ballygowan quality water, yup there must be two types of ballygowan, one for the td's and one for the plebs.

wait until you have to start paying for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

wait until you have to start paying for it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Councillor Cian Prendiville was warning people about this on the 19th:
    After a morning hounding the council and Irish Water I have finally recieved official confirmation that there are dangerous levels of lead in the water in Kileely (and I believe Thomondgate, but they did not confirm that). People are advised not to drink or cook with the water, but you can use it for cleaning, showering etc. Apparently water will be available from St. St Munchins Community Centre, Limerick shortly too. More info when I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Boiling won't remove lead - it will make it slightly worse since some of the water boils off :(

€30 for a lead test here - (bound to be many more ) :

( select just lead on the right hand side )

http://biowater.ie/drinking-water-test/

do it before they "fix" it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

gctest50 wrote: »
    Boiling won't remove lead - it will make it slightly worse since some of the water boils off :(

€30 for a lead test here - (bound to be many more ) :

( select just lead on the right hand side )

http://biowater.ie/drinking-water-test/

do it before they "fix" it

asking me for €65, for something i knw already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

30euro :

L5zMaIs.png

need to ask them how accurate / do they give amounts etc

Advertisement