Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New credit card but not requested

Options
  • 22-08-2014 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Hi 

I was sent a new credit card but I never requested one and my existing one doesn't expire till January. The card has a different number to my existing one.

Why was I sent this? Will my credit card debits be updated with the new number or will i have to contact each company?

Also my existing credit card was turned off today without notice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Gummy Panda,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To query why you have been issued a new card, please contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 or 00353 56 775 7747 and representative will be more than happy to look into this for you. Alternatively, if your credit card account is registered on 365 Online, you can send an Ask a Question message through our Online Service Desk to have this looked into.

The Reps here on Boards don't have access to customer's account details and are unable to look into account specific queries.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Hi 

I was sent a new credit card but I never requested one and my existing one doesn't expire till January. The card has a different number to my existing one.

Why was I sent this? Will my credit card debits be updated with the new number or will i have to contact each company?

Also my existing credit card was turned off today without notice.
    I just had the same thing happen, without any explanation either.  Ive had the same number since I first got a cc, so this is just a nuisance and I dont see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi avalon68,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As mentioned above, if you contact the Credit Card Team a representative will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement