Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feel like giving in...

• 22-08-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I stopped smoking on Sunday night and haven't had one since. I was fine throughout the week. Really positive. Even went out for a meal on Wednesday night and was fine. Last night however I had two glasses of wine and i was nearly pulling my hair out! It was awful...went to bed due to it being so horrible. In work today I can't stop thinking about it and have a massive headache with the frustration of it all...Feel like once this working day has finished i will just go and buy some to stop feeling so worked up but I also know that it is just such a waste of nearly 5 days off them. I don't know what to do!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

My advise would be not to have a drink for a few weeks (occasions of sin and all that).

You've got your system is clear of Nicotine which is the peak of withdrawal, no point going back to zero to go through all that pain again.

From the end of September your hear and lung function will start to improve, why give up on the chance to start feeling better?

If nothing else, think of the sodding money it'd cost to go back on the addiction treadmill...

Advertisement