Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study at GMIT, NUI Maynooth, UL, LIT???

Options
  • 22-08-2014 2:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I'm just applying to do springboard courses for next year in the field of ICT conversions.

There are some discrepancies between the courses, as in some are "science in computing", some "mobile technology", but I understand they cover much the same material, in terms of imbuing an understanding of computer programming generally.

I don't have a wealth of knowledge on where may a better place to do a course like this.

Any incites from posters here?

One thing I do like a good gym to attend whilst I'm at the institution.
    I do some recreational body building and power lifting, so free weights.
    Maybe this isn't huge consideration but it's important to me none the less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'm just applying to do springboard courses for next year in the field of ICT conversions.

There are some discrepancies between the courses, as in some are "science in computing", some "mobile technology", but I understand they cover much the same material, in terms of imbuing an understanding of computer programming generally.

I don't have a wealth of knowledge on where may a better place to do a course like this.

Any incites from posters here?

One thing I do like a good gym to attend whilst I'm at the institution.
    I do some recreational body building and power lifting, so free weights.
    Maybe this isn't huge consideration but it's important to me none the less.
    The gym in GMIT will be closed going forward so thats a large negative in terms of your requirements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

You're kidding...

Why?

Are there no gyms close by? (probably not priced for students if there are anyways..)

You're kidding...

Why?

Are there no gyms close by? (probably not priced for students if there are anyways..)

Its in a separate thread in here somewhere, not enough funds within the mismanaged SU to keep it running, the Kingfisher in Renmore have some sort of deal but its nowhere near as cheap as the GMIT one was.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

The Warehouse Gym is a 10 minute walk from GMIT, great facilities.

The Warehouse Gym is a 10 minute walk from GMIT, great facilities.

I hear they charge a hefty enough rate though.

500 per year at least?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's only 300 for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

It's only 300 for a year

For comparative sake, what was the pricing of the gym in GMIT itself last year?

For comparative sake, what was the pricing of the gym in GMIT itself last year?

Yes please.

300 for the year, at the warehouse gym??

That's a bit of a bargain.
    When I visited the king fisher gym at NUIG they told me the warehouse was like, 500 or so.

How would it compare to the NUIG facility?
    They have punching bags hung?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Aye but you can't seriously ask for competitors prices in fairness. They're not going to hold your hand while they lose business.

GMIT gym I think was 300 for the student year but you could use the Connacht hotel down the road for that 300. Nobody used the one in the Sportshall in my course.

There's better rates in city gyms but you have to google/do your own research to haggle.

Well that's good news anyways that there's a good gym close by at a reasonable rate. I was kind of ruling out gmit, but this makes things much easier now.

• Advertisement

Aye but you can't seriously ask for competitors prices in fairness. They're not going to hold your hand while they lose business.

GMIT gym I think was 300 for the student year but you could use the Connacht hotel down the road for that 300. Nobody used the one in the Sportshall in my course.

There's better rates in city gyms but you have to google/do your own research to haggle.

Was GMIT gym not 80 something per semester, definitely was a cupla years ago.

Advertisement