Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying out for a Sequel

Options
  • 22-08-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So many games that if existed would be very much "Shut up and Take my Money"

Gansters: Organized Crime (1&2)
    Rock & Roll Racing (a Proper game, not the russian thingy) :p
    Jagged Alliance 2 (let's pretend the last release just straight up didn't exist)
    Theme Hospital (i'd even settle for 1.5 version)
    Zombies Ate My Neighbours (though I guarantee it would be ruined by any major developer, maybe someone like The Beamoth would do it justice, €10 arcade release maybe)
    Lemmings (something not 3D or crap please)

There are many others.

Basically what games would you pay €50+ for without knowing much other then:
    "it's true to original but adds more"
    A couple of screenshots
    1 faithful review from a reliable source

(and yes I understand it's reasons like this are why kickstarted exists) :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Half Life 2 there I said it first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

A good Homeworld sequel. 2 was pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Rock n' Roll racing was such a bland game that they had to tack a rock soundtrack onto it at the last minute of production to make it 'interesting' - I never understand why people go so ape **** over it. Micro Machines is where the real fun is :)

Zombies Ate My Neighbours has a sequel, it's called Ghoul Patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

o1s1n wrote: »
    Zombies Ate My Neighbours has a sequel, it's called Ghoul Patrol.

I refuse to acknowledge this games existence :pac:

Granted R&R was basic, but the car customisation and upgrading was what set it apart from the likes of Micro Machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

o1s1n wrote: »
    Micro Machines is where the real fun is :)

Now that you mention it! Needs decent local 4 play (or more, shared controllers!!) version, and again, not fuppin' 3D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. I still go back and replay this every so often. Great characters and voice acting and the different clans make for almost another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Vagrant Story. It had a quirky battle system that might be a bit dated now, but it had lots of great lore; loved the gothic atmosphere. Also some really good characters, Rosencrantz & Sidney being among them. Very good New Game + mode too (if a sequel was to be spanned they could probably try Dark Souls the enemies in NG+).

Uncharted sequels are insta-buy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The Last Guardian II - Because that would mean The Last Guardian finally got released...:P

Beyond Good and Evil II.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Proper Age of Empires sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

I don't know if many people played Psi-Ops, but the boss battles were great, the ragdoll physics were very fun and the game was just very well thought out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Freedom Fighters from original Xbox,
    Full Spectrum Warrior - I know this got a sequel, but i want MOAR!
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dragons dogma

Red dead rempdemtion

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Cormac... wrote: »
    I refuse to acknowledge this games existence :pac:

Granted R&R was basic, but the car customisation and upgrading was what set it apart from the likes of Micro Machines.

Ah it's painfully average though. It's definitely not the classic everyone seems to think it is. There are so many better Snes games.

Not saying a sequel wouldn't be fun though... but then again, isn't that more or less what Twisted Metal is?
    Julez wrote: »
    Now that you mention it! Needs decent local 4 play (or more, shared controllers!!) version, and again, not fuppin' 3D!

I've been playing 4 player Micro Machines a lot lately on the Megadrive. You really can't beat it for sheer fun. The absolute hilarity on the Ferry Fiasco level when four of you are all trying to get onto a sponge to go across a sink.

'okay okay! nobody hit anyone! we'll all make it across together!' - about half a second later, everyone is in the water after being nudged off.

Proper Age of Empires sequel.

Yes, 3 was absolutely dreadful
    Freedom Fighters from original Xbox,

And gamecube, really great game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. I still go back and replay this every so often. Great characters and voice acting and the different clans make for almost another game.

+1 I dunno this hasn't happened yet! I know the studio that made it is closed down but can someone pick up the rights or just make a new IP in the same vein?

A Comix Zone sequel would be class.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    +1 I dunno this hasn't happened yet! I know the studio that made it is closed down but can someone pick up the rights or just make a new IP in the same vein?

A Comix Zone sequel would be class.

Picked up by ccp for an mmo but scrapped due to workloads on other projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SpiceWeasel

An updated Goldeneye would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Mashed on the ps2 is the perfect game for those that crave a micro machines update, the 4 player on polar wharf was the ultimate game for having friends over for games and beers. It has a spiritual successor on xbox arcade but i only played it a handful of times and didn't find it as fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

An updated Goldeneye would be nice

They did that in the source engine. Its pretty meh. Part of the novelty in that game was the retro feel and the controller (I loved it :pac: )

Have to +1 Freedom Fighters. It was on all platforms guys I dunno why you're naming specific ones :P

XIII was a great game too. Pity that never got the sequel it deserved.
    Always had a soft spot for the Conflict series. Desert storm et al.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 needs a sequel too. Bf4 was a scourge on the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Dark Chronicle. I'm not sure if I'd trust Level-5 these days with a sequel though.
    I will be giving Fantasy Life a chance but I'm not confident in the RPG abilities these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Shenmue 3!

Zillah wrote: »
    Half Life 2 there I said it first lol
    Julez wrote: »
    Shenmue 3!

Well we've gotten the obligatory ones out of the way there now anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain. Absolutely loved that game on PC, think it was back in '97 or '98 it came out.
    Proper space RTS game that was surprisingly hard at times but deeply involving.

Not exactly a huge type of game anymore, but I still load it up now and then and give it a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sheehy83 wrote: »

there was an MMO planned and was years in the making but ended up being scrapped, I still would have preferred a single player game though
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/05/world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

System Shock 2. SS3 is just never going to happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Destruction Derby. Proper multiplayer 8th-gen destruction. How is it not already in production?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Penn wrote: »
    Destruction Derby. Proper multiplayer 8th-gen destruction. How is it not already in production?

That reminds me. Carmaggedon <3

Skerries wrote: »
    there was an MMO planned and was years in the making but ended up being scrapped, I still would have preferred a single player game though
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/05/world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf

Yeah, you would lose the atmosphere and how would you do celerity?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A 2D Turrican with a massive metroidvania style map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Do they have to be oldies, or can I throw Mashed: Fully Loaded, Bully, and Vanquish into the mix?

Advertisement