Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying out for a Sequel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

deathrider wrote: »
    Bully

Seriously? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Cormac... wrote: »
    Seriously? :confused::confused::confused:

Yes indeedy. I loved the first one. Only time I ever got to class on time was in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Picked up by ccp for an mmo but scrapped due to workloads on other projects.

Scrapped due to CCP being clueless.

There's a ton of mods out there for it and a project to port everything to the unity enginr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Another +1 for Freedom Fighters. I'm half afraid to play my PS2 copy in case it doesn't hold up.

Tenchu, but maybe that needs a reboot more than another sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Evade wrote: »
    Tenchu

+1 for this, great game for the time

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Another +1 for Freedom Fighters. I'm half afraid to play my PS2 copy in case it doesn't hold up.

Tenchu, but maybe that needs a reboot more than another sequel.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    +1 for this, great game for the time

I played through Tenchu Z lately. I can see why it wasn't well received, but I still had some fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭briany

o1s1n wrote: »
    Rock n' Roll racing was such a bland game that they had to tack a rock soundtrack onto it at the last minute of production to make it 'interesting' - I never understand why people go so ape **** over it. Micro Machines is where the real fun is :)

Zombies Ate My Neighbours has a sequel, it's called Ghoul Patrol.

Rock 'n' Roll racing was a great two player game and I thought that the upgrades and weapons made the game quite interesting as well. The soundtrack may be tacked on but it's kick-ass. Nobody could beat me at that game when Born to be Wild was playing. The mechanics were just very good also, being that it was based on the R.C. Pro Am engine. Overall, a pretty nifty game. I loved Micro Machines as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I'd love to see a new Strike game. Or even just Jungle Strike remade using the Frostbite engine. No need for the isometric viewpoint anymore though, have it play just like the attack choppers in Battlefield 4. Would make for an awesome co-op game with your buddy as gunner.

I'd love to see a new Strike game. Or even just Jungle Strike remade using the Frostbite engine. No need for the isometric viewpoint anymore though, have it play just like the attack choppers in Battlefield 4. Would make for an awesome co-op game with your buddy as gunner.

The '...Strike' series was very much of it's time, I think. If it were made now, it would just end up very generic. The gameplay elements that made it stand out back then would seem rather simplistic now, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cannon Fodder
    Chaos Engine
    Vagrant Story
    Risky Woods
    Turrican
    Tenchu
    G - Police
    Streets of Rage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

With the death of THQ it probably won't happen, but I'd love a sequel to Space Marine. I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, and the ending was a pretty clear set-up for a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

briany wrote: »
    The '...Strike' series was very much of it's time, I think. If it were made now, it would just end up very generic. The gameplay elements that made it stand out back then would seem rather simplistic now, IMO.

No way, blowing up the White House with an attack chopper will always be fun, regardless of which console generation we are in.

Come to think of it, do we have any series of game these days doing anything similar to Strike? I think a co-op attack chopper game would have amazing potential btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Homefront (I dont care wnat people say, I liked it anyway)
    Bulletstorm ( I really enjoyed this)
    Mirrors Edge (Think its on the way)
    Ico
    Red Dead Redemption
    Freelancer
    More Icewind Dale, Baldur Gate franchise.
    Rage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Not much of a sequel, but I was rather happy hearing a remake of Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers was being done.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh! A new Freespace! Man, I'd go nuts for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Glebee wrote: »
    Homefront (I dont care wnat people say, I liked it anyway)

More Icewind Dale, Baldur Gate franchise.

there is a sequel due for Homefront already in the works
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution

maybe try the kickstarted games Project Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera if you liked the Baldurs gate games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Vanquish, bulletstorm, freedom fighters, age of empires or command and conquer

No way, blowing up the White House with an attack chopper will always be fun, regardless of which console generation we are in.

Come to think of it, do we have any series of game these days doing anything similar to Strike? I think a co-op attack chopper game would have amazing potential btw.

Something about the times we live in tells me a simulation of blowing up the White House wouldn't quite make for the wholesome innocent fun it used to :pac:.

There's Battlefield, Arma and AC-10 Warthog for chopper combat so it's not exactly as though it has disappeared, but maybe there's a niche for a more arcadey type of thing, I don't know. I doubt the Strike series would make a comeback though, although if it did, I'd prefer it done in the same 8/16 bit style. Could release it for mobile devices.

Glebee wrote: »
    Bulletstorm ( I really enjoyed this)

Yes, yes, and yes some more! Easier the most fun I've had with a shooter in this generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Too Human, Space Marine, Republic Commando, KotOR

That's all I can think of right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Body Harvest the original free roamingish game needs to be remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Black (PS2) by Criterion games. Amazing graphics for its time

There was a really enjoyable PS2 shooter called Urban Chaos: Riot Response in which you were armed with a riot shield, and used said shield to slap dudes. I'd love to see more of that.

Also, bring back Bloody Roar! In an age when Fighting Games are a big deal again, this one being left behind feels like a tradegy!

G-Police seriously needs a sequel or an hd update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭titan18

KOTOR. Preferably as Revan. Forget The Old Republic, it's crap, I want to play a KOTOR game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

titan18 wrote: »
    KOTOR. Preferably as Revan. Forget The Old Republic, it's crap, I want to play a KOTOR game again.

So, this made me check on the progress of the Sith Lords Restoration Project. It's finished. Apparently it wrapped two years ago!! Reviews seems positive, I have to check it out because I still rate what shipped as my "most disappointing game of all time".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Too Human, Space Marine, Republic Commando, KotOR

That's all I can think of right now.

Two of the best times I've had with Star Wars outside of a movie theatre.
    Is love to see a Republic Commando reboot.
    I do suspect that with the new films and tv series on the way the best Star Wars games may be in our future, and the worst one in our past.

Other sequels/updates I'd like are
    Fire warrior 2
    Cold Winter 2(better than GoldenEye)
    A new Rollcage title
    New F Zero in both 3DS and WiiU forms
    Descent reboot
    Bulletstorm 2
    New Metropolis Street Racer
    New Jet Set Radio
    Blastcorp reboot
    New Waverace
    New Super Mario Galaxy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

So, this made me check on the progress of the Sith Lords Restoration Project. It's finished. Apparently it wrapped two years ago!! Reviews seems positive, I have to check it out because I still rate what shipped as my "most disappointing game of all time".
    I've played tSLRP a few times and it's like a whole different game. There are one or two really annoying sections where you're constantly switching between teams of characters and getting the right ending can be confusing but it's a must if you like KotOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

G-Police seriously needs a sequel or an hd update.

God I used to love this. Was never very good at it though from what I remember. Defo needs an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

deathrider wrote: »
    There was a really enjoyable PS2 shooter called Urban Chaos: Riot Response in which you were armed with a riot shield, and used said shield to slap dudes. I'd love to see more of that.
    !

I was only thinking about this game the other day, thanks for naming it. remember playing it on the Xbox I think. was great fun if not a little nonsensical

Advertisement