Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying out for a Sequel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Going to add to the love for Bulletstorm. That game was brilliant fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was only thinking about this game the other day, thanks for naming it. remember playing it on the Xbox I think. was great fun if not a little nonsensical

Oh, it was all types of nonsensical alright, bu that was half the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Beyond Good and Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Timmyctc wrote: »
    That reminds me. Carmaggedon <3

IT'S COMING!!! :eek:

Even better that, it's in beta (well, alpha really), but you can already buy it for €24.99 and help beta test and you get the full game for free when it's released. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249380

Performance isn't great right now, it's playable, but you'll struggle on max. settings even with the fastest gaming PC, but it's totally worth it, I'm loving it! :D

Smegball wrote: »
    Beyond Good and Evil.

I actually played through this last week for the first time. I had to know what all the fuss was about. honestly, I reckon if Beyond Good and Evil 2 ever actually happened at this stage, it would probably ruin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Elite is also getting a "proper" sequel too, thanks to kickstarter, can't wait for that, particularly after the poor offerings that David Braben had to knock out thanks to studios pushing for releases of unfinished products instead of just letting him do his thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was only thinking about this game the other day, thanks for naming it. remember playing it on the Xbox I think. was great fun if not a little nonsensical

Rocksteady made it before they went on to make the Arkham games.
    Its probably better on the Xbox but on any platform Urban Chaos is an excellent game.

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Rocksteady made it before they went on to make the Arkham games.
    Its probably better on the Xbox but on any platform Urban Chaos is an excellent game.
    I loved Urban Chaos. Only played it this year. Pure and utter mindless fun and it knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Chaos Engine
    Streets of Rage

+1 for Chaos Engine, 3/4 height shoot em up
    Have you played Charlie Murder, it's very much a SoR game
    Glebee wrote: »
    Rage

Hopefully the new Doom will fill this void, also dunno if you knew this but Rage got a DLC pack last year, I only just bought it. I really liked Rage, it was extremely balanced
    brady12 wrote: »
    freedom fighters, age of empires or command and conquer

More love for these classics :pac:
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Other sequels/updates I'd like are
    A new Rollcage title
    New F Zero in both 3DS and WiiU forms
    New Waverace
    New Super Mario Galaxy

Yes, Yes, Yes and Nooooo :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes, Yes, Yes and Nooooo :p

?

The Galaxy games were so darn good.
    A new one in HD, or the original ones remastered into HD would be all sorts of awesome.
    Something tells me though the latter wouldn't be a great idea as most WiiU owners probably already have them, for the previous console.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Loads of great shouts already.

I'd personally love to see another stab at Jurassic Park: Trespasser. I believe there's a mod/amateur remake in the works on CryEngine, but I hope for new AAA version.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,746 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Spli/Second was a fantastic racing game - deserve a sequel (not based on sales though, unfortunately). the same premise, on the new generation machines would be amazing I reckon. Was awesome enough on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Ha! I was going to post Shadow of the Beast but just found out that a "re-imagined" version of it will be released on PS4 at some stage!? :eek::D

+

I'll add a proper sequel to Syndicate that does not involve, include or even mention the acronym FPS!

Spli/Second was a fantastic racing game - deserve a sequel (not based on sales though, unfortunately). the same premise, on the new generation machines would be amazing I reckon. Was awesome enough on the PS3.

Couldn't agree more with this one. Split/Second was miles better than anyone gave it credit for. Definitely deservant of a sequel.

ripperman wrote: »
    I'll add a proper sequel to Syndicate that does involve, include or even mention the acronym FPS!

Amen! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Split/Second was one of the best multi-person game I'd played at a LAN party. Getting crushed by a ship at the dock, collapsing roads, vengeful helicopters, and that dreadful moment of being just too late to sneak into someone else's short-cut. Great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Polar101

Master of Orion 2 definitely. No, 3 doesn't count as a sequel.
    Battlezone 2
    More Ultima games (maybe Shroud of the Avatar will take care of that)
    I'd also love a sequel for Starflight 2 or even Sentinel Worlds 1.. but that's probably just me.

Amen! :pac:

Obviously meant that does not involve...

but I think we're on the same page!

Jesus I must wear my glasses when I post! biggrin.png

ripperman wrote: »
    Obviously meant that does not involve...

but I think we're on the same page!

Jesus I must wear my glasses when I post!

Yeah, I read it the way you wanted... the way that it was meant to be written...

Taking non-FPS games and making them FPS games should be punishable by flogging

Yeah, I read it the way you wanted... the way that it was meant to be written...

Taking non-FPS games and making them FPS games should be punishable by flogging

Absolutely. One of my favorite games of all time. I nearly cried when I saw what they did to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Three games I'd pay whatever pricetag for a sequel:

-Another Master of Olympus game.
    -Original War sequel.
    -C&C without DRM or microtransactions (no hope in hell there... :rolleyes:).

-C&C without DRM or microtransactions

:mad::mad::mad:

This really annoys me. What a big series to fall so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The legend of dragoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Really surprised that no one has mentioned an X-Wing/Tie fighter game.

I'd also love a new Hidden & Dangerous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Skies of Arcadia

In fact I'd kill just for a new Sega RPG.
    The legend of dragoon :D

Don't even joke about that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Skies of Arcadia

In fact I'd kill just for a new Sega RPG.

Don't even joke about that.

:p :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

For everyone asking for a Syndicate reboot allow me to present:

Satellite Reign

Nody wrote: »

Satellite Reign

Woohoo, thank you for this, it looks class. Hope they let you have female characters, then it's practically an Aeon Flux game too :p

Nody wrote: »

Satellite Reign

I can't believe it! Thanks for the info. Looks like the kickstarter has ended but pre orders available soon. A proper sequel!! :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Most of my usual preferences have already been listed so I'll go with few different ones.

Warcraft RTS
    MechCommander
    X-Wing: Alliance
    Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
    Blood
    Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (2008 reboot doesn't count)
    Alan Wake

Advertisement