Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long more can this continue....

• 22-08-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

http://www.clarechampion.ie/dog-left-die-six-weeks-west-clare/

There are no words (that i can say in public :mad:) to express my utter horror and sadness for this poor defenceless dog.

When will the laws in Ireland change? When will people start paying for these horrific crimes...

:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sure somebody "allegedly" kicked a poor dog to death down the road from me during the week!! :eek: :( When the guards came he was pretending to be looking for his "lost dog" and they found the body in the bushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

tk123 wrote: »
    Sure somebody "allegedly" kicked a poor dog to death down the road from me during the week!! :eek: :( When the guards came he was pretending to be looking for his "lost dog" and they found the body in the bushes.

B*stard... all I can hope for is Karma in these cases... because the law cant / wont do anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

tk123 wrote: »

Saw someone kicking **** out of a dog once in Blanchardstown, walked over, slapped him around while asking him how he liked it. Took the dog home and had him for 12 years. Best dog i ever had and loyal as ****. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not sure what "laws" will do to change this sort of thing from happening. Some people are just plain bad. FFS, kicking the poor dog to death would have been preferable to leaving the poor thing to rot and die like he did. Vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Oh god I could have done without reading that.
    I'm hoping to adopt a dog after Christmas and these kind of stories soft my resolve to wait until after Christmas. The poor thing just looks so sad and defeated.
    Surely if it was found in a shed then the owners can be charged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I shouldn't have opened this link. I hope that he was quickly put out of his misery as I don't think he survived.
    The owners can't be sane TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I believe the owner is being charged, and with the new laws, may get a half way relevant punishment, <snip>

Sorry muddypaws, I had to edit your post.
    I don't disagree with what you said, but it may get us in bother!
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I wonder how long it'll be before it goes to court? 12 months maybe? Please god they get a more fitting punishment than was possible before the new Act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

When it come to animal welfare the laws are not strict enough in this country, if you kill an animal by either beating it to death of as the news article describes it should be prison time end off. I always say a person/s that can do that to an animal are also likely to do it to a human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

omg what kind of an excuse for a person would do this to a poor defenceless animal

if I printed what im thinking id be banned for sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've always said this. If this is how people can treat defenceless creatures, then imagine what they'd be like to their fellow man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Those eyes... Absolutely heartbreaking. Our two boys are here beside us on the floor... Don't know what I'd do without them!

I just can't understand how people can do this to an animal.

Advertisement