Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance/BTEA/Part-time work

Options
  • 22-08-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My situation;

I am going to attend college in September on BTEA, I claim for wife & 3 kids at present but I will take up part time work (29.5 hours just under the cut off point of 30.00) my query is how will my rent allowance and my Jobseekers weekly payment be affected?

I have heard new thing to do is means test your weekly payment and minus from what you earn? Now I don't mind them deducting against any amount I earn but where is the incentive to go out to work if they reduce my rent allowance
    & my weekly payment?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Once on BTEA your primary allowances are not effected during the academic year, however, any secondary income such as rent allowance would require further means testing and depending on your additional income could result in a reduction of that allowance.

Advertisement