Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPPR clueless!!

Options
  • 22-08-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi folks, would appreciate if anyone could advise me re NPPR, unfortuantely tax related things and such go right thru my tiny brain so am at total loss here!
    Inherited rural property mid 2012, paid LPT for 2013 & 2014, when registering property for some unknown reason put down it was principal property (which its not) Felt sick when seen info on NPPR fines during week, have not received letter but but feel I'm liable? Anyone able to advise me???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

kfc1 wrote: »
    Hi folks, would appreciate if anyone could advise me re NPPR, unfortuantely tax related things and such go right thru my tiny brain so am at total loss here!
    Inherited rural property mid 2012, paid LPT for 2013 & 2014, when registering property for some unknown reason put down it was principal property (which its not) Felt sick when seen info on NPPR fines during week, have not received letter but but feel I'm liable? Anyone able to advise me???

did you own any other property?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Yes our home, but when registering online to pay LPT for it just put down my husbands name if thats any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

kfc1 wrote: »
    Yes our home, but when registering online to pay LPT for it just put down my husbands name if thats any use?

ok; i'm not judging here but do you think that you may have been stretching the truth a little too much?

were you addressed as per your pps number to your home or to this inherited property? because that's what the local authority will use to check.
    if it was me and if i was not addressed to this property but i know that this property is in my name and was not my nppr , then i would pay up before he end of this month. the charge would be 200+240% and 200+120% afaik which is about €1,120 but will rise again at the end of August
    its up to you but remember that

edit
    i looked it up
    1 you would owe €1,000 today and €1,850 if not paid buy the end of the month
    2 Revenue aren't interested in nppr charges

its up to you might be worth keeping stumm they might never know but if you are gonna worry about it the pay the €1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Thanks Tigger, guess best option may be to ring them & face the music

Advertisement